snoop1130

Could Idris Elba be a step closer to being the next Bond?

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Idris could do it if he was in shape,”

Uhh? So he's not in shape?

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Antoine Fuqua ... “it is time” for a non-white actor to take over the role of Bond ..."

Why? 

Thats quite a leap from aBlond Bond to a Black Bond  -  looking forward to the movie, he's a good actor............

Well I hope he gets the part next as I put a few quid on hime over two years ago with PaddyPower and the bet still stands at moment, last I looked it seemed Henry Caravelle (New Superman) was an hot favorite to land 007 and Idress had dropped down the list a tad.

Talk of a female 007 also, the franchise moves with the times, it has to so why not a black or female agent, you think they do not exist in real life in British Intelligence or any other nation for that matter?

Remember we have had a scottish bond, english bonds, Oz bond, Welsh bond and Irish and they have all been good IMO for the times they were doing the part, I thought Lazenbury was ok to O.H.M.S.S Either way love the bond movies hope he keeps keeping it up for Britain!

On 8/11/2018 at 8:24 AM, kannot said:

I forgot to mention he/she/it should also be a dwarf/midget

Trans midget the way things are going.  

• Like 1

I think the Bond producers broke the mound introducing a black “Moneypenny” I think Naomi Harris does a great job, and sexy too.

As for the character of Bond, it would need to be in keeping with the authors history, criteria and capability. Idris has capability that’s for sure.

IMO Tom Hardy would make a great Bond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like Elba but as a bond I do not see it. Clive Owen would have been good but at 53 he's now too old for a continual run. Daniel Craig was 38 when he began the role so I don't see Elba being inline for too long as he is 45. The bond criteria does not like changing the main character. Henry CavIll looks a good option and already looks the part and has youth on his side at 35.

• Like 1