Jump to content
Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 14 December 2018 22:46
Jamer66

Renewing Temporary Drivers License

Recommended Posts

I obtained a car and motorcycle license in July 2014 and they both expired in July 2015. Can I just go and renew them or do I have to take all the test again?

Also where in Chiang Mai do I obtain a new drivers license (car and Moto)?

 

Thanks in Advance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renew here

Chiang Mai Provincial Land Transport Office
เลขที่ 192 หมู่ 7, ถนนเชียงใหม่-ฮอด, ตำบลแม่เหียะ อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่, 50100 Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50100
053 277 156

https://goo.gl/maps/hY9a14UeYvm

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, Nick ZepTepi said:

Renew here

Chiang Mai Provincial Land Transport Office
เลขที่ 192 หมู่ 7, ถนนเชียงใหม่-ฮอด, ตำบลแม่เหียะ อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่, 50100 Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50100
053 277 156

https://goo.gl/maps/hY9a14UeYvm

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk
 

Thank You

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw... You will need a certificate of address and long pants...

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Btw... You will need a certificate of address and long pants...

 

 

Certificate of residence (not address) along with a medical - yes, but long pants no ? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2018 at 9:45 PM, Jamer66 said:

Can I just go and renew them or do I have to take all the test again?

More than 3 years expired!

No way to simply renew.

You have to do full theory and practical test.

Not much different from starting from zero.

Just (maybe, not sure?) you will then have a 5 year license.

 

https://www.dlt.go.th/en/two-year-license/

(it's a two year temporary since March 2015)

 

Quote

REMARK :

  1. 1
    IN CASE OF DRIVING LICENCE EXPIRED MORE THAN 1 YEAR
    - TAKE A THEORY TEST
  2. 2
    IN CASE OF DRIVING LICENCE EXPIRED MORE THAN 3 YEARS
    - TAKE A THEORY TEST AND PRACTICAL TEST

 

Edited by KhunBENQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a home country license you can skip most of the tests....just do the eyesight and reaction tests...maybe watch a video.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, johng said:

If you have a home country license you can skip most of the tests....just do the eyesight and reaction tests...maybe watch a video.

In Chiang Mai it's color blindness test only with an existing license from a western country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The eye tests are so messy. Everyone lines up and take turns in front of everyone else.

 

There are so many people around and examiner don't really know who passed and who failed.

 

They should have closed doors exam and only one person enters room at a time.

 

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 12:46 PM, lordblackader said:

Certificate of residence (not address) along with a medical - yes, but long pants no ? 

Yes, you have to do everything again. getting CF is a pain though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually you might get 1/2 way through, and have someone kick you out without long pants, in various Land Offices, happened to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×