BANGKOK 12 December 2018 13:21
theguyfromanotherforum

Reflux 80% better in Canada

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dario said:

For me, all the kudos to Omeprazole, that is what my doctor in the government hospital described me, 3 months ago, never had any acid reflux during all that time. I take it in the morning before taking my breakfast. Don't worry about coming back regarding your probelm.

Thank you very much for this info Dario and others who have given advice. I have to do something and soon.

On reading up on this, it advises not to take Omeprazone for longer than a 14 day period. I will visit my local hospital and seek advice on this, now armed with the name; Omeprazone.

Can anyone give approx price of Omeprazone tablets?

Edited by cyberfarang

Beware excessive use of Proton Pump Inhibitors.  Over 10 years ago I double-dosed for a year, cured my reflux, and incurred significant bone loss.

We didn't know the long term effects back then--so be careful and find out more about all your meds and supplements.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Good post. Something to think about. I do feel less stressed knowing I'm in the hands of competent doctors in Canada instead of rather poor experience I had in Thai (private) hospitals.

Maybe also the fact the wife is 13,000 km away ?

Is she sending you money for the sick Moose? 

What is the herbal form 7/11 ?

thanks.

On 8/12/2018 at 7:10 PM, sirineou said:

I take Omeprazole every day, it was prescribed to me .It has worked miracles for me  , I can eat anything I want  and do not have any incidents while I take it. If I miss it for even one day the condition returns immediately. For me it does not seem to have any side affects.

Sorry, but for me it is beyond stupidity that any doctor can prescribe any medicine to take all your life !

Especially knowing that it won't cure you, but just help you to forget it.

Doctors all around the world are monkeys to use this as a solution.

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, rumak said:

could be something stresses you more when you are here in Thailand .   maybe the "change of scenery"

and having different things to do than your thai routine have given you relief.  why not give it more time (in canada) to see if your health remains better.   

Diet is everything (you are what you eat, and all that).....but sometimes you have to experiment with different foods to see what works best.  Goes without saying that in thailand and probably canada too you have to wash all vegies and fruits real well ( soak in vinegar)

And, back to stress :   its what causes most problems with me.  

Vinegar to clean vegs is only in people dream...

Only baking soda breaks pesticides molecules.

Why people still do not use google before talking in 2018 ?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ombra said:

I have acid reflux and other problems regularly when I eat in restaurants in rural areas. I ask for little salt, no MSG, no fried food, but it doesn't make any difference. In contrast, I can eat in middle-class restaurants without any worries. I wonder what the rural folk do to their food that makes me feel so uncomfortable for days afterwards?

I think you better not know...

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, sghanchey said:

The gastroenterologist I saw at Bangkok BNH Hospital for GIRD recommended 1) less spicy foods (this was in Thailand); 2) eating smaller quantities; 3) eating more slowly; 4) changing from coffee to tea; 5) avoiding fried and oily foods' 6) not eating late dinners, and waiting at least two hours after eating before sleeping. He did an endoscopy first, and saw inflammation, but did not recommend medicines (says they don't treat the cause and have side effects)

At least 1 smart doctor in this country...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, gaff said:

What is the herbal form 7/11 ?

thanks.

Airess and it works very well for me, I was able to finally get off PPIS with it.

it's in a section selling herbal remedies, all the 7 11's have it./ You can also buy it online

http://sandm.co.th/en/shop/handy-herb-airess/

10 baht per 2 capsule packet. I find 1 twice a day is enough.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Airess and it works very well for me, I was able to finally get off PPIS with it.

it's in a section selling herbal remedies, all the 7 11's have it./ You can also buy it online

http://sandm.co.th/en/shop/handy-herb-airess/

10 baht per 2 capsule packet. I find 1 twice a day is enough.

Thanks, I will check again but never seen it in 7/11.

Can you also find it in Cambodia ?

Should I try this and D Limonene ? (also dont know where to buy it)

Thanks again.

HH-Outer-box-Airess1.jpg

image.jpeg.430d9b6382f2e5cec9edc53abc9f4d56.jpeg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gaff said:
12 hours ago, sghanchey said:

The gastroenterologist I saw at Bangkok BNH Hospital for GIRD recommended 1) less spicy foods (this was in Thailand); 2) eating smaller quantities; 3) eating more slowly; 4) changing from coffee to tea; 5) avoiding fried and oily foods' 6) not eating late dinners, and waiting at least two hours after eating before sleeping. He did an endoscopy first, and saw inflammation, but did not recommend medicines (says they don't treat the cause and have side effects)

At least 1 smart doctor in this country...

TO GAFF  

you  comment on my post about washing with vinegar.  saying why don't i google it first.

n a study published in Food Control, vegetables were soaked in vinegar for 20 minutes and also in a salt and water solution to remove chlorpyrifos, DDT, cypermethrin and chlorothalonil pesticides.

Both methods worked well. The vinegar effectively removed pesticides    OK, THIS IS ONE OF MANY ON THAT SUBJECT FROM GOOGLE.

yES, I KNOW THAT BAKING SODA IS ALSO FAVORED BY SOME.  lEARN TO POST NICER REPLIES AND YOU WILL HAVE LESS ACID REFLUX,

NOT THAT I CARE

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gaff said:

Vinegar to clean vegs is only in people dream...

Only baking soda breaks pesticides molecules.

Why people still do not use google before talking in 2018 ?!

why do people still think they know it all...in 2018

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

It doesn't work.

The omeprazole or chilling out? 

My understanding is that it is an acid inhibitor - - and so your issue might be other than acid? Have you had an endoscopy? You should probably get scoped and totally checked out as it could be something serious... 

• Haha 1