theguyfromanotherforum

Reflux 80% better in Canada

Back almost 2 weeks now. Felt terrible for the first few days and now reflux almost gone.

This is after almost 5 years in Thailand having severe breathing difficulties and non stop indigestion ,  lump in throat combined with a mild pain around my hiatal hernia.

To me there is only one conclusion and that is that there is something very wrong with food in Thailand.

I am at the point where I wonder if it's worth it to go back to Thailand and risk stomach cancer. Btw, I tried making my own food, wife making kefir and yet had no improvement whatsoever besides some herbal pills from 7/11.

I buy kefir from the supermarket here, it's very mild with around 2bil bacteria and it does wonders for my stomach. Besides that I don't eat much healthier.

I am now very paranoid about going back. I'm sure there is something I don't know about food in Thailand.

• Like 1

I have suffered from Reflux problems for more than 2 years and would get it almost every night when I laid down to sleep as well as randomly during the day about twice a week.

However my Doctor recommended taking Nexium and since I have been regularly taking it I have only had about 3 attacks in the last month.

Omeparazole did not ever help me.

• Confused 1

I take Somac ( pantoprazole ) which works very well for me. Take it during the evening meal.

I find no real difference between my diet in Thailand and my diet in Australia, in terms of reflux. IMHO if one overeats, one pays the penalty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Then I don't know what it is. It could be simply the nerves.

could be something stresses you more when you are here in Thailand .   maybe the "change of scenery"

and having different things to do than your thai routine have given you relief.  why not give it more time (in canada) to see if your health remains better.   

Diet is everything (you are what you eat, and all that).....but sometimes you have to experiment with different foods to see what works best.  Goes without saying that in thailand and probably canada too you have to wash all vegies and fruits real well ( soak in vinegar)

And, back to stress :   its what causes most problems with me.  

Edited by rumak
spelling
  • Like 1

Good luck getting things straightened out.  I always feel better/healthier going home for a while. 

2 hours ago, rumak said:

And, back to stress :   its what causes most problems with me.  

Yes, once I got out of the stress, little sleep, work cycle with the help of triazolam, the omeprazole helped tremendously and the D-limonene and I was on my way to recovery.

Can eat anything now, even raw chillies (although red capsicums are a no-no).

• Thanks 1