SidJames

Pattayaland bar closures

I was downtown last night & saw that another of the old bars has closed down in Pattayaland.

Sinbin has is shutters down & paddlocked.

I asked in Sugar Shack & one of the customers told me that they (Sinbin owners) couldn't afford it anymore.

Lewinsky's was empty as well & you couldn't get in the door on golf night's there not so long ago.

Sinbin was Mulligan's before that run by Larry then Tropics which was run by Jim & that's as far back as I go which is 20+ years.

Those sois were off the wall back in the day now they are mostly empty Indian restaurants or empty boy bars with only Classroom, Shamrock, Lewinskys, Sugar Shack & Sue's left trading.

More Indian restaurants on 13/1 and 13/2.  Bars are closing or boarded up.  The new Pattaya demographic.

The end of an era.

One bar closes more open, Tree Town on Soi Bukhao, 2/3 new Bars there, the Soi leading down from the Kasikorn Bank to 2nd Road, new development of Bars there, must be a least 4/5 new Bars there.

on Soi Bukhao new development with poster saying Bar for Rent.

Maybe the developers know more than us, in my 4/5 years in Pattaya I have seen a big decline in Farang tourists even at the peak periods plus the expat community is dwindling and not being replaced.

• Like 2

Bars in pattaya nowadays their clients usually bored with them selves old farangs who cant operate a smart phone in 5 years that generation nolonger present.

Less bars in Pattaya will be fine..Most bars Pattaya have already much more staff then customers...

• Confused 1

Joining the list of closures will be the  entire Soi Rompho Beer Bar Complex off Jomtien 2nd Road. Its going to be some sort of medical center from what I've heard. Not sure if it's a government or private entity yet.

• Like 2

I meet up with a friend every three months, last week had an evening out in Jomtien. Next time, we are just gonna get some beers and sit round the pool. Why pay more for a crappy bottle of lager than a decent pint in the UK just to look at girls playing on Facebook. Then to be called tight as dont leave a tip. I would think a few years from now apart from Bukhao there wont be any bars left.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jaybott said:

Joining the list of closures will be the  entire Soi Rompho Beer Bar Complex off Jomtien 2nd Road. Its going to be some sort of medical center from what I've heard. Not sure if it's a government or private entity yet.

The land is owned by the Bangkok Christian Hospital but not so sure that this means that it will be a medical centre.

It's a massive site so there very well maybe something related to health care.

I just hope that it's not another massive condo project but something that will add to the area.

I'm only guessing though.

Yes not many bars left but i only need a few to drink in 🙂 good ones survive ..yes lots bars closing but there were too many here although yes less westerners ...

..it happened in spain x pats throwing in keys ..on that if theres any guiness drinkers out there ..in your opinion weres best pint now days ..thnks