Jump to content
Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 13 December 2018 22:19
doctormann

BFS Fast Track no longer available to economy passengers.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, saminoz said:

Yes Sir!  Very efficient, polite and worthwhile service.

They tend to use the diplomatic lanes.

Transiting through Nairobi, I had to go back and get a Port health stamp, but all was done very easily.

By the time I arrived at the baggage belt, my suitaces were already on a trolley ready to be escorted through Customs.

Well worth the minimal costs after a couple of long haul flights, IMHO.

Must have been quite slow in the diplomatic lane.  I have used the priority immigration line when travelling business class.  Then have to wait for my bag to appear on the carousel...... 

Sometimes I use the normal lane as many times there are only three people in front of me and I save the priority card for when I've flown economy and the lines are full.  When they actually put the date and flight number on the card that cunning plan will be stuffed. 

Edited by tryasimight
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always fly business to avoid long immigration lines and with Chinese now having priority lanes normal lines will be even longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 1:50 PM, dundas said:

So presumably fast track is now for business and first class passengers, as well as those who speak Mandarin ... 

Fast track is still only for Business and First Class.

The Chinese priority lanes are at the economy immigration halls and not the fast track section hall.

This is done to avoid unnecessary delays in the normal immigration lines as many of the Chinese tourist have not filled out the TM6 arrival card and causing a lot of delays and frustration for other tourist.

So it could be a good thing after all. 

 

Edited by merijn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 5:45 PM, Esso49 said:

Well for those who can afford to travel business or first , they still get issued with a Fast track card anyway so would not need to pay extra.  And as for BFS limiting the service to those I can not understand the business driver for it due to the reasons explained. As for the comments regarding Chinese hoards, well they cannot purchase it either by the same logic surely.

Er no they dont get issued a fast track card anymore, that stopped a while back need to present your business or first class  boarding pass to the IO, one presumes too many fast track passes were ending up in the hands of those on the other side of the curtain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 10:31 PM, merijn said:

Fast track is still only for Business and First Class.

The Chinese priority lanes are at the economy immigration halls and not the fast track section hall.

This is done to avoid unnecessary delays in the normal immigration lines as many of the Chinese tourist have not filled out the TM6 arrival card and causing a lot of delays and frustration for other tourist.

So it could be a good thing after all. 

 

There is no fast track "hall" at swampy, when you get to the arrival hall, business and first class turn left, but it all in the same hall 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Er no they dont get issued a fast track card anymore, that stopped a while back need to present your business or first class  boarding pass to the IO, one presumes too many fast track passes were ending up in the hands of those on the other side of the curtain

Yes premium card (fast track) cards are handed out as normal for first and business class passengers, Only don't supp,y them as they never did so far i remember.

(sorry i don't know how to attache a example which i have)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

There is no fast track "hall" at swampy, when you get to the arrival hall, business and first class turn left, but it all in the same hall 

 

Yes there is the premium immigration hall (fast track) between the 2 big halls and next to the visa on arrival hall.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Er no they dont get issued a fast track card anymore, that stopped a while back need to present your business or first class  boarding pass to the IO, one presumes too many fast track passes were ending up in the hands of those on the other side of the curtain

 

15 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

There is no fast track "hall" at swampy, when you get to the arrival hall, business and first class turn left, but it all in the same hall 

 

 

It sounds like you are quoting the procedure for THAI passengers.  Passengers of other airlines do get a card and proceed to a separate Fast Track area between the two main immigrations halls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wpcoe said:

 

 

It sounds like you are quoting the procedure for THAI passengers.  Passengers of other airlines do get a card and proceed to a separate Fast Track area between the two main immigrations halls.

My bad, as I generally only fly Thai business class, and your right the last time i flew Qatar business i vaguely remember them handing my Mrs the cards..that would have been 3 years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 5:32 PM, Techno Viking said:

I found gold track voucher in my luggage, are they still valid ?

 

45393146_10156330895927740_1324230007534

 

No. However I got away with it a few months ago. They have the new smaller premium passes stickered to the glass and were pointing and moaning about this - why you have old blah blah blah , just play dumb and they eventually process you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a pity that BFS can no longer serve the greater unwashed. I found their service was good and reasonably priced. I see that BAL are still offering their services are really expensive. I have 3 buddies coming in and used to treat them to the BFS meet and greet and it would only be 2050. BAL's identical service is 4699 baht. Sorry lads, you'll have to walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×