Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 15 November 2018 23:27
thairookie

When is Terminal 21 scheduled for opening ?

18 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I'm wondering if T21 will have an information desk? Pretty standard in most of the big malls in SE Asia but never seen one in Pattaya.

You have one in Royal Garden, on the Second Road side, near the escalator.

You have one in Central Beach Festival, on the sea side, a few meters on the rights of escalators.

Etc. 😉 

• Like 2

Just now, Pattaya46 said:

You have one in Royal Garden, on the Second Road side, near the escalator.

You have one in Central Beach Festival, on the sea side, a few meters on the rights of escalators.

Etc. 😉 

Never seen the one at Central Festival. Have even looked for one there. Oh well, I must be getting senile!

56 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Beerfest Brewery is interesting. Used to be sole importers of Erdinger. Never been to the one in Pattaya but the one in Singapore had a great range of draught beers and good food. Weissbeer 300 baht per litre which is less than the UK. Will be my first port of call in T21.

There is already a beerfest brewery at Avenue Mall.  Not sure if it is moving to T21 or if that is a second location.  Most of those other places already exist in Pattaya as well.

Edited by lapd

On 10/15/2018 at 12:45 PM, balo said:

Foodland will run a special promotion buy 1 get 1 free, whatever that means . 

43639696_599541843794760_184264300552205

"Buy 1 get 1 free means exactly that". (Most stores use this terminology here - it's hard to believe you've never seen it). They had this promotion in the Foodland at Royal Garden Plaza last year when it opened. I got quite a number of deals.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DrTuner said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they relocate completely. The Avenue location is almost always empty.

Yes awful location, which is probably why I've never visited it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spidey said:

Yes awful location, which is probably why I've never visited it.

I think it's a pretty good location.  The McD and Starbucks seem to do well.  That mall just doesn't seem to draw in traffic for anything else for whatever reason.  People generally don't go to a mall to drink at a brewery but we shall see.

Edited by lapd

Just now, lapd said:

I think it's a pretty good location.  The McD and Starbucks seem to do well.  That mall just doesn't seem to draw in traffic for anything else for whatever reason.  

Robin Hood has struggled there for years. Hopefully the new Beerfest Brewery is up to the standard I experienced in Singapore. Great for a long lunch.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Robin Hood has struggled there for years. Hopefully the new Beerfest Brewery is up to the standard I experienced in Singapore. Great for a long lunch.

Robin Hood has been there less than 2 years. Cheaper and better food is to be had at various Soi 13 and 2nd Road bars. No mithering from the ladies is its only plus.

I like Avenue for Major cinemas - the best in Pattaya.

37 minutes ago, champers said:

Robin Hood has been there less than 2 years. Cheaper and better food is to be had at various Soi 13 and 2nd Road bars. No mithering from the ladies is its only plus.

I like Avenue for Major cinemas - the best in Pattaya.

No, it's been there a lot longer than that, may have had another name before the Retox group bought it a couple of years ago. Enjoyed a brief resurgence under Retox, due to some slick marketing, but they sold it several months ago to an Indian guy and it has died again.

3 hours ago, lapd said:

People generally don't go to a mall to drink at a brewery but we shall see.

Yes a mall environment isn't really suitable for a pissup. Too many bright lights. Still, if they got red meat at Arno's and beer at Beerfest, one could get properly topped up while letting the rugrats play mall. A small silver lining.

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

but they sold it several months ago to an Indian guy and it has died again.

Really , Robin Hood has always been busy when I visited. One of the most popular expat places in town . Good quality food , their 199 baht roast is famous.  

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

No, it's been there a lot longer than that, may have had another name before the Retox group bought it a couple of years ago. Enjoyed a brief resurgence under Retox, due to some slick marketing, but they sold it several months ago to an Indian guy and it has died again.

Well then The Indian guy is the 4th owner.  Many people do not see the place and I think too lazy to go to the second floor.   Too bad it is very nice inside.