Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 14 December 2018 02:56
VYCM

Foreigners driving cars around town with their driver’s side window down

I don’t understand why foreigners drive around town with their driver’s side window down and their arm hanging out over the door.
By doing so you are putting a target on yourself.
I’ve been driving here since 2002 and I feel this is an accident waiting to happen.

Are these people showing off? Why draw the attention, Thais know they have right of way every time, the police will pay more attention to you.
Grow up people, leave the windows up.
A target? 555. I often drive with the window down.. You know.. Fresh air.. Can see more clearly.. Blah blah. I'll keep doing too. Geeeez.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As dark as a lot of the windows are tinted, I drive around with my windows down whenever I can, just so I can see better.  In fact, I scraped the tint film off my windshield so I'd be safer at night.  Not to mention anyone on the road in front of me.

I find that I'm much more likely to be waved through a checkpoint for my white skin than targeted at one.

Not meaning to hijack this thread.. But.. My toyota vios has a tint which reduces visibility especially at night. Comes off easy? Will a car wash place remove it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/26/2018 at 7:07 AM, Jdiddy said:

What do you recommend I do when im riding my motorbike, op?

Buy windows quick! You are making a target out of yourself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1happykamper said:

Not meaning to hijack this thread.. But.. My toyota vios has a tint which reduces visibility especially at night. Comes off easy? Will a car wash place remove it?

Mine was an aftermarket film, and I scraped it off myself with a (very hard to find in Thailand) razor scraper.  I suspect most dark tints are a film that will scrape off.  It's pretty easy if you have a scraper, but it does take some elbow grease to get all the adhesive off.  Still, I was able to do it myself in less time than it would have taken to drive to a care wash.  But if you're there anyway...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Mind you, we are talking about the reigning POTY. (Bows in respect and admiration in such a great one's presence)

Some of you might be unaware that Trans spends most of his time travelling the rural districts and opening farming cooperatives and old people's homes.

Well my one off TVF POTY winner T-shirt is the talking point nationwide, l now have a Secretary....?

Mind you, we are talking about the reigning POTY. (Bows in respect and admiration in such a great one's presence)
Some of you might be unaware that Trans spends most of his time travelling the rural districts and opening farming cooperatives and old people's homes.

He also visits the ‘needy’ in hospital too!
A legend in his own lunchtime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

He also visits the ‘needy’ in hospital too!
A legend in his own lunchtime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But am still waiting for my "gold" dots under my avatar, I refused to pay...?

• Like 1

Just shows you how serious stuff gets few replies. Read the Times for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

As I wrote on another thread recently. I always drive with my window up, but with the passenger window down.

I only do it if I want to play music loud and irritate any locals in the soi.

2 hours ago, transam said:

But am still waiting for my "gold" dots under my avatar, I refused to pay...?

Don't get me started on dots ......

• Like 1

Whilst on the subject of TV POTY, November will soon be here and aside from the end of the rainy season, the veteran TV posters' thoughts will be turning to the up and coming POTY contest. Campaigning shall begin in haste around that time and the old croneys will come out of the woodwork to enjoy the annual mud slinging festivities.

Expect the lawyers enjoy the contest, what with all the libel suits that seem to pop up then.

Trans can't enter as he is the title holder and remains so until it's time to hand over the garters and tiara.

JT times his hibernation to end just in time for the annual rout.

2 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Whilst on the subject of TV POTY, November will soon be here and aside from the end of the rainy season, the veteran TV posters' thoughts will be turning to the up and coming POTY contest. Campaigning shall begin in haste around that time and the old croneys will come out of the woodwork to enjoy the annual mud slinging festivities.

Expect the lawyers enjoy the contest, what with all the libel suits that seem to pop up then.

Trans can't enter as he is the title holder and remains so until it's time to hand over the garters and tiara.

Drat, I was aiming for a second term, l thoroughly enjoyed the garter...?

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

Drat, I was aiming for a second term, l thoroughly enjoyed the garter...?

Wash it before returning it ....