Grumpy Old Man

The risk you take running a RED traffic light

I want to share a video taken by my Vico V Car Camcorder. . . . . 

The risk you take running a RED traffic light; I could hear the motorcycle before I could see it and the video speaks volumes. . . . . 

If by chance this video is seen by the car driver or Police who want a copy for evidence purposes please "Private message myself" 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Luckily, the motorcyclist didn't crash into the car and he was relatively unhurt. 

richard_smith237; You try to defend the OP. OK for me however, OP is at fault 3 times in 2 minutes. 

-Try to convince a policeman in your country that it is better to drive on the wrong side of the road (whatever excuses you may give him)...... post your own guess of the rate of success pls.

-I do not see plenty of Thais. OP was just there when it happened but he waited and did do nothing. It's on his dashcam,  it happened just in front of him at not too many people/cars at that moment. Same goes to convince a policeman in your country.

- You do not pass a red traffic light in your country right? Heave fines. So again, talk to the policeman in your country and post your own guess of success rate. 

My point is that foreigners behave different here than in their home countries. Some even not pass the grey zone as they change white for black and black for white immediately. I am here for 20 years + and I notice it every day. Believe me, 20 years ago Chiang Mai was a much better place to live. CM is spoiled by foreigners for a big part. Now the farangs talking the Chinese and how bad they behave. Same same but different.

I'm fighting through my last days as I move out of Thailand. Reason? Partly due of what is written above.

Stay healthy, safe.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Reading your replies: that is exactly why I move out.

For your attention:

- Yes, I DO drive always on the left side in Thailand. Probably a million miles over the last 20 years as I drive much more than all of you (perhaps even together). No single accident.
- Yes, I DO stop and help. About 5 times. I even forced a busdriver, who was crazy driving a fully loaded bus, to stop. And some minivans, one in front of a police station. Police came to see and requested the minivan driver to drive less reckless. I know of two farangs, being involved in a traffic accident, that could have used help which they did not get.

Keep on finding excuses after doing the wrong things. Amen.

• Like 1

With respect....I think it's obvious what can happen if one runs a red light...with or without video.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:50 AM, CharlieH said:

Good clear camera footage from the dashcam, another "must have" these days.

I don't want to get off the main thread, but there are cameras out there that give better night footage.

• Like 1