BANGKOK 20 October 2018 05:28
webfact

Thai silence deafening as world condemns Myanmar

9 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Thailand is on the road to self marginalization.   Malaysia with its new government and the return of Anwar, will probably be the beacon of hope in the region.  Thailand will just be movie fodder for political and other tawdriness, unless fairness is embraced. 

Thailand will be on that road of self marginalization if the election is rigged to allow the regime to be the next government and dumb and dumber become prime minister and deputy. Then Indo-China will be one big happy family of military governments and ties will be warm and fuzzy.

• Like 2

Well D'oh, what do you expect from a couple of countries ran by military usurpers? Bosom buddies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Time for an invasion or two?

They'll probably wait until the floods in Ayutthaya recede.

I tend to believe this guy rather than the lefty Guardian, UN or other liberal do gooders

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

i thought the east india company had a lot to do with shipping them over from bengal for cheap labour in the 1st place? blame the brits for not clearing up the mess they left behind?? ?

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I tend to believe this guy rather than the lefty Guardian, UN or other liberal do gooders

Who is this guy?

Yeah, the Burmese are not known for creating fake news as a way of justifing its actions nor are the Russian bots writing for MGBA News! What this one chap says goes. 

Posting news stories from Make Britain Great Again News to justify genocide and crimes against humanity really does show the kind of person you are. 

What's your view on the final solution?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

This is why FB is banning users in Myanmar and rightly so as the Burmese won't stop it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Police argued that the FCCT panel discussion “Will Myanmar’s Generals Ever Face Justice for International Crimes?” had to be cancelled since Thailand’s national security and neighbourly relations  were at stake. 

Perhaps the topic of generals facing justice for their abuses was hitting just a little bit too close to home for comfort...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i thought the east india company had a lot to do with shipping them over from bengal for cheap labour in the 1st place? blame the brits for not clearing up the mess they left behind?? ?

I am British, and am sorry to say you are absolutely correct.  The Brits have a lot to answer for in the past.  Ask the Tamils in Sri Lanka., same problem.  Unfortunately between the 1600 and 1900s the UK set a very bad example ranging from slave trading to to what you outlined. The problem is many other countries in the world looked upon the British example and thought,  well thats a nice of making ourselves rich,  and have used the persecution of its own people to continue to enrich themselves .   Thailand is not excluded either if you read their history from the 1650s onwards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darcula said:

Thailand is basically Burma with electricity.

True! & where does Thailand import the oil and gas from to generate that electricity? ?

PTT have massive investment's there! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Esso49 said:

I am British, and am sorry to say you are absolutely correct.  The Brits have a lot to answer for in the past.  Ask the Tamils in Sri Lanka., same problem.  Unfortunately between the 1600 and 1900s the UK set a very bad example ranging from slave trading to to what you outlined. The problem is many other countries in the world looked upon the British example and thought,  well thats a nice of making ourselves rich,  and have used the persecution of its own people to continue to enrich themselves .   Thailand is not excluded either if you read their history from the 1650s onwards.

Be sure to steer this thread away from talking about Opium - we don't want to go there ?

Luckily the "winners" get to write the history! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

the thais? the last 4 years should be enough to ascertain that LOL

I'd say to the western world (and UN and ONU etc): mind your own business, your supposed superiority in people's rights is bulls**t.

• Thanks 2