BANGKOK 16 October 2018 17:51
bangkok blue

UEFA Champions League in Thailand - Blank screens beckoning

Just checked listings both Bein connect and goal.com (who showed super cup and UCL Playoffs) nothing in their listings for UCL. If anyone had it, you would expect them to have announced it long before now, to get subs in.

Only slight slither of hope, is that PPTV have not released next week's schedule yet, so maybe, just maybe they might have something on offer.

If you search against DAZN Singapore you will see that they appear to be experiencing exactly the same issue as we may be in Thailand with negotiations reported to be still ongoing with the usual Singapore UCL tv suppliers.

Hopefully sense will prevail shortly if not in time for next weeks games despite the huge amount of cash DAZN appear to be throwing at it. My hope is that DAZN are concentrating on their most lucrative potential markets first.

It's weird. I thought the whole point of DAZN is that it is an online subscription service which they want to get people on board.

What would be the point of them (a) negotiating a deal with a Thai TV channel (although I wouldn't be complaining) or (b) putting the content on Goal.com

Apologies for being a complete technophobe but I would greatly appreciate an idiot proof guide as to how I can watch the UEFA Champions League games on goal.com this week on the assumption they are showing it for free.

Presumably I need to go onto  their Thai website as opposed to their UK website or their app and click on the particular game I want to watch but what do I do then?

16 hours ago, duan said:

Apologies for being a complete technophobe but I would greatly appreciate an idiot proof guide as to how I can watch the UEFA Champions League games on goal.com this week on the assumption they are showing it for free.

Presumably I need to go onto  their Thai website as opposed to their UK website or their app and click on the particular game I want to watch but what do I do then?

Here is a link to the relevant Goal.com page. Hope their links work for you guys.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/watch-champions-league-malaysia-singapore-southeast-asia/1agevqx25vw351ikjn3i7z5sh3

• Like 1

20 hours ago, duan said:

Yes. You need to log in / register via social media, such as Facebook as Twitter, as well. Then you are good to watch any of the games. Will be interested to see if they have an on delay option.

Slightly off topic, can anyone recommend a simple and reliable app for watching smart phone content on a TV? Last time I tried one of these it didn't work properly...

Cheers

Thanks guys. I’ll have a trial run for five minutes of one of the early games at midnight tomorrow  before setting the alarm for 02.00 Thursday morning.

7 hours ago, wilai said:

Here is a link to the relevant Goal.com page. Hope their links work for you guys.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/watch-champions-league-malaysia-singapore-southeast-asia/1agevqx25vw351ikjn3i7z5sh3

This says 404 page Sorry could not be found but could go to home page. Can’t see any links to watch a match. But unless there’s a catchup facility ,like Bein connect.it’s next to useless being mostly a 2am kick off. 

Is ilikehd an option. I tried them for a trial a couple of years ago but didn’t think much of it and couldn’t chromecast to big tv. Bein is excellent in its functionality.

2 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

This says 404 page Sorry could not be found but could go to home page. Can’t see any links to watch a match. But unless there’s a catchup facility ,like Bein connect.it’s next to useless being mostly a 2am kick off. 

Is ilikehd an option. I tried them for a trial a couple of years ago but didn’t think much of it and couldn’t chromecast to big tv. Bein is excellent in its functionality.

If you want to watch full replays of games check out https://footballorgin.com 

Just make sure you don't ruin it by reading the news by mistake ?

I checked Truevisions website and onscreen schedule but couldn't see any mention of CL. Looks like ill have to use HDPrime then (was called ilikehd)..it's usually ok for use when games are not on Truevisions.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I checked Truevisions website and onscreen schedule but couldn't see any mention of CL. Looks like ill have to use HDPrime then (was called ilikehd)..it's usually ok for use when games are not on Truevisions.

Yes,HdPrime now. Do they have on demand catch up and chromecast. I pay 199 baht month with Bein and always faultless. I recall 400 with HD prime and frequent issues? Don’t know if improved?

5 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Yes,HdPrime now. Do they have on demand catch up and chromecast. I pay 199 baht month with Bein and always faultless. I recall 400 with HD prime and frequent issues? Don’t know if improved?

They do have 3 day catchup. And a 2-3 day pass costs pennies. It is a bit hit n miss but it served me well when i was recently working in Vietnam.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

They do have 3 day catchup. And a 2-3 day pass costs pennies. It is a bit hit n miss but it served me well when i was recently working in Vietnam.

This is on smart phone / tablet rather than TV right?