genericptr

Sleeping pills in Chiang Mai

I've got some nasty dental work coming up that's going to affect my sleep for a few days then after that international travel. Is it possible to get some sleeping pills here in Chiang Mai for these reasons? I know they've clamped down on them in the clinics (or they'll give you over the counter stuff) but maybe I could go to a hospital?

Some dentists offer sedatives prior to procedures as mine does ( I dread going), ask yours to get you some. Or go to a clinic and tell them your going to have a long haul flight. I've always been able to get three or four doses of something for my 24hr flights, I just show them my flight ticket. 

11 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Some dentists offer sedatives prior to procedures as mine does ( I dread going), ask yours to get you some. Or go to a clinic and tell them your going to have a long haul flight. I've always been able to get three or four doses of something for my 24hr flights, I just show them my flight ticket. 

Thanks. What kind of stuff did you get from the clinics here? I've asked for stuff in the past from clinics and got just antihistamines. My girlfriend got me some at the public hospital once which were anti depressants but they worked ok I guess. It's clear they really don't want people to get these things for some reason.

14 minutes ago, genericptr said:

Thanks. What kind of stuff did you get from the clinics here? I've asked for stuff in the past from clinics and got just antihistamines. My girlfriend got me some at the public hospital once which were anti depressants but they worked ok I guess. It's clear they really don't want people to get these things for some reason.

They don't want to hand them out for a good reason, abuse of these meds can mess you up bad. The dentist usually gives me lorazepam which reduces my anxiety to point where I'm not ripping up the vinyl on the dental chair arms when I'm getting a root canal. I've used the same for flights which has kept me from strangling the kid behind me after he kicked the back of my seat for 6 hrs. Don't even think about drinking with them, it's dangerous. In fact, if you plan to drink on the plane I wouldn't take these type of meds at all, some folks have had real bad times with just a small amount of alcohol.  

I suggest you go to Sripat, the private service of the Chiang Mai University hospital. They will ask you to see a doctor first, but they will prescribe a real sleeping pill---Zolpidem, the generic for Ambien.

13 minutes ago, neilrob said:

I suggest you go to Sripat, the private service of the Chiang Mai University hospital. They will ask you to see a doctor first, but they will prescribe a real sleeping pill---Zolpidem, the generic for Ambien.

Sounds good, thanks.

I just buy atorax otc. Available everywhere. Work a treat. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I just buy atorax otc. Available everywhere. Work a treat. 

that's an antihistamine allergy pill right? I think I tried that once and it wasn't really strong enough to take me down on the 12 hour flight.

Just now, genericptr said:

that's an antihistamine allergy pill right? I think I tried that once and it wasn't really strong enough to take me down on the 12 hour flight.

Add whisky

• Like 1

Not all sleeping aids work. Finding the right one for you can sometimes be a long journey.

I have suffered insomnia for many years and the only one that works for me is Alpazolam 1 mg .

That was perscribed by my long term Dr Morgan at Health Care Medical Centre, Hang Dong Rd.Not available over the counter .

Suggest you seek medical advice and leave the alcohol alone

• Like 1

You can get some pretty nice opioids over the counter that elsewhere would require prescription elsewhere. Not good to take all the time though, of course!

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

You can get some pretty nice opioids over the counter that elsewhere would require prescription elsewhere. Not good to take all the time though, of course!

If it "requires a prescription elsewhere" what in hell makes it a  "pretty nice opioids over the counter" here?

You seem to be suggesting some dangerous stuff here. 

That is why doctors are meant to "Prescribe" them!  It is to protect both the taker of the potentially dangerous drug  and other innocent bystanders who may be on the receiving (side) affects of a third party's side drug influenced actions.  How many aircraft diverts as caused by drugged and especially combined alcohol  induced violent outbursts.

Also remember that a "sleeping tablet/drunk" induced zombie on an aircraft who cannot be roused from deep "sleep/stupor" is a danger to all around in an emergency.

Stay alert or at least be capable of becoming immediately alert when required to on a flight.

Edited by scottiejohn

On 9/14/2018 at 5:53 PM, scottiejohn said:

If it "requires a prescription elsewhere" what in hell makes it a  "pretty nice opioids over the counter" here?

You seem to be suggesting some dangerous stuff here. 

That is why doctors are meant to "Prescribe" them!  It is to protect both the taker of the potentially dangerous drug  and other innocent bystanders who may be on the receiving (side) affects of a third party's side drug influenced actions.  How many aircraft diverts as caused by drugged and especially combined alcohol  induced violent outbursts.

Also remember that a "sleeping tablet/drunk" induced zombie on an aircraft who cannot be roused from deep "sleep/stupor" is a danger to all around in an emergency.

Stay alert or at least be capable of becoming immediately alert when required to on a flight.

You've managed to go off on a tangent. No one ever said anything about flying or mixing with alcohol or roaming the streets on opioids. If you've been prescribed opioids, you'd know they aid sleep, a side effect, and don't really turn you into a maniac. Sounds like you're referring to other drugs like meth, crack etc.