NightSky

Re-Entry Permit At Suvarnabhumi Airport

Im on an extension of stay from a Non O visa and I need to fly out of Thailand for a few weeks. Its been a while since I needed to apply a re entry permit to maintain my visa extension. Would anyone know if the re entry permit is still available at Suvarnabhumi airport and If yes..

1. where is the desk located now (is it in the same place at the bottom of the escalator just before passport control?)

2. how much does the re entry permit cost now (from memory it was maybe around 900thb to 1900thb?)

3. how long does it take to apply please? (I remember I previously needed to wait about 20-30 minutes)

Thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

I have PR. Both passport and PR Book need re-entry stamps. Can Suvarnabhumi do this?   How about Don Muang?

As far as I know it a cannot be done anywhere but at a immigration office.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know it a cannot be done anywhere but at a immigration office.

Thanks Joe,,thats what I imagined. Would never leave it that late. Last time took 2 senior immi officers + 1hour + to do it.

• Like 1

Hi Maybe in the wrong place but sorry not yet experienced.
Can someone please  clarify and I have a permission to stay visa and if I  go out of Thailand I will need a reentry permit from my local immigration office and am I right that when one comes back in to Thailand the 90 day reporting comes in to force on that day.Thank you

13 minutes ago, john west said:

Can someone please  clarify and I have a permission to stay visa and if I  go out of Thailand I will need a reentry permit from my local immigration office and am I right that when one comes back in to Thailand the 90 day reporting comes in to force on that day.Thank you

Your 90 day report would be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that day in the count.

• Like 1

Just to update, as Ubon Joe confirmed the re-entry permit is available as described although one thing I did notice is that they ask for 1200 Baht and no longer seem to provide the option of filling the form in yourself. They take a photo and its printed on the paper and they hand you a receipt for 200 baht for the privilege. Its handy although I would have preferred to have been given the option since I had a photo and I had to wait 20 minutes anyway so I could have completed the form myself anyhow.

All done thanks for the info Joe

3 hours ago, NightSky said:

Just to update, as Ubon Joe confirmed the re-entry permit is available as described although one thing I did notice is that they ask for 1200 Baht and no longer seem to provide the option of filling the form in yourself.

I think you would have to have the TM8 form completed with a photo attached and the required copies ready to avoid the 200 baht service charge.

• Like 1

When you say required copies UJ,do you mean I should photocopy an extra copy of my  completed TM8 form? 

I would rather not pay the extra 200 "admin" charge,

thanks

4 minutes ago, kptravel said:

When you say required copies UJ,do you mean I should photocopy an extra copy of my  completed TM8 form? 

Passport photo page, visa, extension, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.