Thai Expat

Separation from Ex Girlfriend my son

Thanks in advance right Guys in right situation here I’m not married split up with the Ex girlfriend after building a house and she booted me out after I refused to build more and provide more land for family enough was enough!

My Son was left in Village she basically left for Pattaya to find a new Man and my son wasn’t cared for by the inlaws so I was asked to take him he’s now nearly 3 yrs old and been with me 9mnths full time after being booted out.his mum is still in Pattaya he visits the inlaws maybe every other week end and I provide all the things to take care milk, food,etc 1000bht for two days basically they spend that on themselves but that’s how it is!

basically my Ex is a pain in arse constantly asking for money and now threatening she take him back to the village or Pattaya can she do this after walking out on him she’s threatening me I will not see him no more etc I’m worried if he visits the inlaws he might disappear again as that also happened on one visit when she asked me to take him basically the family threw everything at me when they decided they couldn’t care for him they handed birth certificate his medical records what should I do!people say a lawyer will just eat money and I will not win because we not married etc!when he does visit he isn’t happy constantly wants to come home.

I don’t really want to lose my son,my current girlfriend says don’t send him to visit but I don’t want any hassle to jeopardize my visa or have problems with the Police!

Before you will get a lot more advice,maybe good maybe not so good

Find a good lawyer!!!!

• Like 2

I agree with jvs, find a good lawyer. They are not as expensive as you may think....also I do know that the Thai legal system normally favours the father in any custody battles, at least they did when my wife and I tried to get back custody of her daughter. 

If your son is now in your custody, you have his birth certificate than I think that you don't have too much to worry about. Your ex can't take him anywhere if you don't want her to.

Maybe contact that guy in Staffordshire who helps fathers get abducted kids back. He may have legal contacts in thailand who have helped others overcome issues which could lead to abduction attempts. I am sure he would be willing to help with referrals to prevent the possible trauma. He himself went through a similar scenario.

Posts removed.

KEEP IT CIVIL please.

3 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

Im pretty sure people are looking for advice in here and what you say is so wrong.Thai legal system normally favours the father in any custody battles.

You only wish.Fathers of Kids born otside marrige have no rights before they go to court.

Not sure where you source your facts. Yes people are looking for advice here and I'm sorry but you are wrong. I don't wish anything by the way, that is the way that it is, legal marriage or not. If the fathers name is on the birth certificate the mother can't do anything officially e.g. apply for a passport, without  the named fathers permission. Go and do some fact checking before getting so bloody pompous.

2 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Not sure where you source your facts. Yes people are looking for advice here and I'm sorry but you are wrong. I don't wish anything by the way, that is the way that it is, legal marriage or not. If the fathers name is on the birth certificate the mother can't do anything officially e.g. apply for a passport, without  the named fathers permission. Go and do some fact checking before getting so bloody pompous.

I actually have done my checking thanks.10 years of them.Named father.Hey.You can get any hospital to write whatever you want on a paper.The kid can even belong to a different man if the girlfriend have been married before, and forgot to get a full divorce. I for sure have better things to do then to argue in here.Bad english or not.

8 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

OP - Some useful information in this link (from thailand law online). Read section 1547 onwards.

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/thai-family-and-marriage-law/civil-law-parentage-right-and-duties-parent-and-child

Well done, thanks Chicken Legs. I'm sure that anyone who is able to interpret all of that will eventually have a clue...

If you 2 dont stop, the ability to post will be removed.

• Confused 1

Hey Guys I just don’t want to get in trouble with the Authorities some people tell me she holds all the rights still being the Mother even tho she’s Walked out on the little Man!

if I was in Uk I’d probably stop him from seeing the inlaws but I’m worried this may cause more Hassle 

so she's dumped kid back at the village with her family.

she's kicked you out of house  (is this in the village?)

she's in pattaya, so the house is empty? or the 'family' moved in there?

OP you are really in a tough situation. I agree with some of the earlier posters, if you want to keep your son you need a Lawyer to guide you and do what needs to be done.

As for your ex-gf the mother, she only sees the kid as a tool to extract money from you and no matter how it goes it will no stop.

* If you keep your son she will want to be paid.

* If she takes the kid back she will want you to pay for the kid and for her. She will still use access to your son for further demands.

As for taking your son to visit the in-laws I agree with your new gf, no need to do this they only want the 1000 Baht a visit.

You only have two options, if you want to keep your son you need the help of a Lawyer. Option 2 which would be the hardest, tell you ex-gf that she can have the child back and you are moving on. She may rethink her position on demands (but most likely not).

Hope it all works out for you.