Anyone watch their fuel kilos to the litre, at all.

Where I have been trotting around lately there's lots of speed cameras, so bored just been noticing highs & lows & averages of the truck.

Gauge readouts 21high, 16.5 average, 11.4 low.

Speed on highway steady at 90 - 100 in 6th and changing gears as soon as dash readout signals.

My 3.0 Mu-X (4x4) sips along averaging between 12 and 13 km/L. I don't have a light right foot (reference the number of photos of my car I keep getting in the post).

I do the same commute pretty well every day but there seems no rhyme or reason what the average comes out at each week, I use roughly a 55L tank a week (tank is 65L, I don't like taking risks).

• Like 1

Hmm...I seem to average 10.7, although I've only been checking over the last week.

Mostly it's short trips into town, BigC/Tops etc, so p'raps that's why.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

My 3.0 Mu-X (4x4) sips along averaging between 12 and 13 km/L. I don't have a light right foot (reference the number of photos of my car I keep getting in the post).

I do the same commute pretty well every day but there seems no rhyme or reason what the average comes out at each week, I use roughly a 55L tank a week (tank is 65L, I don't like taking risks).

My Vigo 3.0 use to be about same yours but I didn't have a dash readout like in the now Isuzu truck and it only 1.9.

Around town almost dead on 10 kpl......Goes up around 12+ on a road trip fully loaded (seems we never go unladen).....

If I go 620 k it's 62 liters just about bang on.....Tank holds about 70.....

If parked & waiting for somebody I usually run the engine/AC....

I tend to drive fast.....

Toyota Hilux.....

Our old 4x4 = about 8.5 - it sits...

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Thanks 1

My last Toyo Spivo with a 3lt engine and a 4 speed auto box, used to do around 12/13lt to 100km if I was lucky. A lot less if I put my foot down.

Now what with the speed cameras I tend to keep the new 2.8 spivo (that has a 6 speed auto box) at speeds around 110kph on a run.

That is returning 6.2lt to 100km on runs. I didn't believe the car comp: so I did a couple of runs starting with a full tank refilling at the end of the run and it worked out much the same.

Around town and general driving I get 6.9 to 7.1 depending on traffic. To say that I am please with it's economy is under estimating it. After all it is a tank of a thing. 

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

Just to avoid confusion, PLEASE can we all quote km/L. 

To convert from L/100km simply divide 100 by your L/100km figure.

So 6.9L/100km = 100/6.9= 14.5km/L

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tifino said:

and when translating mpg over to km/l  ... Divide by a factor of 2.825   i.e 28.25 mpg = 10 km/l 

I too really loath that L/100km gobblygook  

Sorry your not to happy with The LT/100km. It's just that cars here record it like that on their comp: If it's any help my 6.2/100km equates to 16.129 km/LT whatever way you look at it pretty good for a tank.

Edited by fredob43
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry your not to happy with The LT/100km. It's just that cars here record it like that on their comp:

Yes ... you can always convert the 'Thai' way or if you didn't skip 'maths' can use your tables to get a good approximation ... accurate enough as your computer measurement isn't normally accurate anyway ...

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fredob43 said:

It's just that cars here record it like that on their comp:

My Isuzu shows km/L (I think it's switchable, never bothered looking).

• Haha 1

probably switchable, units differ between countries, for the same cars,

I use    lit/10km for cars

and

lit/hour for boats, with a specified speed/rev

Edited by melvinmelvin
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Crossy said:

Just to avoid confusion, PLEASE can we all quote km/L. 

To convert from L/100km simply divide 100 by your L/100km figure.

So 6.9L/100km = 100/6.9= 14.5km/L

And a USA gallon is 0.832 of a UK gallon...?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Yes ... you can always convert the 'Thai' way or if you didn't skip 'maths' can use your tables to get a good approximation ... accurate enough as your computer measurement isn't normally accurate anyway ...

Your right there I spoke to a acquaintance about his new 2.8 Tuna, he said 14 to the litre is good.