BANGKOK 19 October 2018 13:30
chaiyapoon

Have retirement extension booking one way ticket to bangkok

I'm about to book my flight to Bangkok from London, and for the first time, I'm considering buying a one way ticket. I have a retirement extension till next February when ill renew for another year and not sure when I might return if at all at the moment. Am I likely to have a  problem at check-in as some of the airline staff are not well versed on thai visa types to make it worse the extension is in my old passport?

Shouldn't be a problem. I don't think that airlines brief their staff to refuse boarding to passengers whose paperwork shows that they are unlikely to be denied landing.
Interesting name Chaiyapoon.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

No problem at all. they will look for the visa/extension, and be happy when they see it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaiyapoon said:

Am I likely to have a  problem at check-in as some of the airline staff are not well versed on thai visa types to make it worse the extension is in my old passport?

Possibly but unlikely.

I assume you have a re-entry permit and you should show that to the check-in staff if they start asking about a visa. 

I was probably more concerned about lack of onward or return flight as is my first one-way ticket into Thailand but didn't make that clear. I know some airlines are or were hot on this.

1 hour ago, chaiyapoon said:

I was probably more concerned about lack of onward or return flight as is my first one-way ticket into Thailand but didn't make that clear. I know some airlines are or were hot on this.

As long as you have a re-entry permit you shouldn't have problem.

If the passenger has a valid unused visa, or re-entry permit, the airline should not insist on either an onward or return flight.

If your visa/extension is valid you will definitely NOT have a problem with the airline or immigration. Have a good flight.

• Like 2

I flew in a week ago on a one way ticket with a Visa stamp. 

The airlines asked me for my return ticket, I said I had a Visa stamp. She said ok no problem as long as you have a visa.

Don't worry about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

the checking staff didn't know the rules.

Therein lies the only potential problem.

There should be no problem, but assuming the check-in staff are well-informed on re-entry permits and extensions of stay may not always be a certainty.  

Just allow a little extra time for checking-in in case there is a need to summon a supervisor.

• Like 2

You need a re-entry permit and you may have to explain that allows you entry.  I was initially prevented boarding at SEA one time by EVA staff and had to raise to supervisor level as they were not aware a re-entry period acted as a visa.  An extension of stay is not a visa and does not allow entry so the re-entry permit must be what is used.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Reentry permit, visa, and you are good to go......one way and all the way once you hit the ground running in LOS.....???

You do not need a visa if you have a re-entry permit - that acts as your visa for entry.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You do not need a visa if you have a re-entry permit - that acts as your visa for entry.  

And you cannot get a re-entry permit UNLESS you have a visa or extension. 

• Like 1

A re-entry permit is never used with a visa - only a permitted to stay stamp or extension of stay stamp from immigration.  

• Like 1