BANGKOK 16 October 2018 17:56
Rc2702

Skype update awful

I use it quite regularly with the US and cant say I have noticed anything.

I use it more for phonecalls than anything else and dont use video at all.

• Like 1

Try switching to fb messenger if you can has a faster throughput in Thailand.

Just tried logging in and I'm just going around in circles, been trying now for about half an hour, given up.

No issues with phonecalls but the chat is truly awful since the last update 

• Like 1

Working ok for me on mobile and desktop. Mainly use it for phone calls, some video calls. Had a TH-UK-US group call earlier, no problem. Log-in as usual.

Skype 8.30.0.50

Agreed.  I use skype on my windows based computer and since about 2 months ago it updates about twice per week.  I've switched to Facebook for video calls.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After the update often when receiving a call it shows a notification which has no button to click to answer and I must call the person back.  I am still irritated that they took away the personalized voice mail message capability.  I hope it does not continue to deteriorate; it has been a valuable service which I use daily.

• Like 1

I am also holding on to version 7 for as long as possible: when I tried version 8 it was impossible to disable the automatic updates, which I don't want.

I don't have any significant problems with v7. The only annoying thing for me is that when I chat, it orders my lines and those of my interlocutor according to each computer's time. If the other person has the clock off by a minute or two, his lines will appear above mine even if they were typed after. Easy to miss something the other typed.

But I don't want to change, google has become disgusting by now, fb is worse, and everything else would require that all my contacts install it too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Skype has had problems ever since it was bought by Microsoft.

I agree, microsoft killed skype. Now the new skype have cam and microphone issues.

I uninstalled the new one. I found out the first, classic one is still available and installed that one !

IM happy now. I loved the old one and i didnt need the change, as the changes are horrible.

In the middle you have an annoying  little square and your camview cant be dragged to where you want it, its fixed.

Microsoft also changed the cam driver to a microsoft  thing. Got rid of it and changed to the companies cam driver again. First thought this was the issue. Still have some problem with LINE. But before changing had problems aswell in Skype. 

Even the windows 10 and guess also google are horrible, as it seems to me it all changed to one big commercial internet. If you want to find something, it always pop up with buying first, hack even with things you didnt ask for.

It changed gradually to what it is now, a commercial box. DIdnt check yet but are there other non commercial browsers?