BANGKOK 19 October 2018 13:31
soistalker

Lone Star Texas Grill. Really?

I keep seeing advertisements and infomercials for this place which talks about authentic Texas BBQ. How is this a Texas Grill when the owners are English and the cooks are Thai? Have any of them even been to Texas? Anyone been there?

1 minute ago, transam said:

And Tesco crinkle chips....?

Makro are cheaper but I like the thicker farmhouse steak fries.

A Google seach for "beef tenderlion" netted 35,000 results, maybe it's a real cut ?

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Makro are cheaper but I like the thicker farmhouse steak fries.

A Google seach for "beef tenderlion" netted 35,000 results, maybe it's a real cut ?

Tried  potato wedges from Villa ?   God we must be sad people talking about chips ?

• Haha 1

I'm assuming you have never eaten here.  The food here is not that bad for Pattaya standards.  No I have never been to Texas but I have eaten all over the world.  What is absolutely atrocious here is the wait staff service.  

Edited by AlexCanada
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

I'm assuming you have never eaten here.  The food here is not that bad for Pattaya standards.  No I have never been to Texas but I have eaten all over the world.  What is absolutely atrocious here is the wait staff service.  

Go to Beefeater for top rate waiting service. Expect to pay considerably more for your food.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, champers said:

Go to Beefeater for top rate waiting service. Expect to pay considerably more for your food.

Been to Beefeater many times because other guys want to go.  I actually didn't like it the first two times but it has since grown on me.  I really like the potato au gratin there.  Not saying the steak is better or worse but I prefer having a steak at Calles a few feet away from Beefeater.

I really miss La Queue de Cheval steakhouse in Montreal.  They allow you to select your cut of beef there.  World class service and steak but considerably more expensive than Beefeater.  

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, champers said:

I like the tenderloin steak; very tender and tasty. The restaurant is good value for money; OP should give it a try.

Why would I  eat inauthentic food by people who have never been anywhere close to Texas?

I ate in a Mexican restaurant in Korea a few times. The owners like to Google Mexican recipes and give it a go. They'd never even met a Mexican.

Edited by soistalker
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Haven't been to the LoneStar here in LOS, but have been to many throughout Canada (many a night, taking part/celebrating in the 72oz marathon) .  One of the best steaks (and service) I've had here, has been at Prime19 in Khao Yai.