Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 December 2018 01:52
snoop1130

Mum’s plea after ‘big-hearted’ son, 29, who rescues Thai dogs, struck with brain tumour and needs £15,000 to fly home

Mum’s plea after ‘big-hearted’ son, 29, who rescues Thai dogs, struck with brain tumour and needs £15,000 to fly home

By Claudia Tanner

fhgth.JPG

George Gannons’s girlfriend was distraught to find him unable to walk to talk (Photo: George Gannon)

A mother has made a desperate appeal for help after her son who lives in Thailand was diagnosed with a large brain tumour after he woke up unable to walk or talk.

George Gannon, 29, suffered the terrifying symptoms suddenly – and doctors think the skin cancer he was treated for two years ago has spread.

Sarah Evison is anxiously waiting for news about whether surgeons will be able to operate to save her son.

George has no medical insurance and the bills are running at around £600 per day – and surgery and an air ambulance could cost £15,000.

Full Story: https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/people/mums-plea-after-big-hearted-son-29-who-rescues-thai-dogs-struck-with-brain-tumour-and-needs-15000-to-fly-home/

The headline is a mum thing and you can't blame her for making him look good ahead of the inevitable go fund me.
I feel sorry for him, he wasn't in a jet ski accident or no Helmut scooter.
But those symptoms do you really just wake up one day without any warning and you can't walk?

Doesn't sound right.

• Like 1

Not UK citizen but 15000 does not sound all that much that one can not borrow from a bank on a personal loan or through family and friends .

i realize loans need to be repaid but can not just expect people to pick up medical tabs.

i was young once and did not have insurance but I did have travel insurance which I took out every year upon returning home 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

She was airlifted to hospital by coastguard helicopter, and was diagnosed with Gullian Barrie syndrome.

My mate had that here, no money for tablets to cure it, I found out to late, he now passed away, but its a bacterial germ that can be cured

• Haha 1