Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 December 2018 02:23
snoop1130

Mum’s plea after ‘big-hearted’ son, 29, who rescues Thai dogs, struck with brain tumour and needs £15,000 to fly home

14 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

I think he was probably talking about the standard europe assistance insurance that you can purchase for cheap, it's limited to 3 months - 3 days or something like this , but yes, you also have real travel insurances which can cover you much longer.

My complimentary platinum master is 6 months , gold is 3 months. And that’s the free ones. 😉

Just now, BestB said:

My complimentary platinum master is 6 months , gold is 3 months. And that’s the free ones. 😉

Yep gold is 3 months ! That's the only reason why i kept mine over all these years.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

That is travel insurance though , that doesnt cover living in another country

Define living, if you return home and take out s new policy every 6 or 12 months, each new policy is valid as you travelling.

And I used mine for major shoulder surgery, all covered.

now I could not use it as I Am no longer a resident of my home country, been away for too long, but first about 5 years was ok as I was often traveling back home

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

That is travel insurance though , that doesnt cover living in another country

Define living, if you return home and take out s new policy every 6 or 12 months, each new policy is valid as you travelling.

And I used mine for major shoulder surgery, all covered.

now I could not use it as I Am no longer a resident of my home country, been away for too long, but first about 5 years was ok as I was often traveling back home

3 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Yep gold is 3 months ! That's the only reason why i kept mine over all these years.

Platinum is 6, should upgrade😉

🙏🏻Make the most of the time you have my friend rather than suffer with all the medication and treatment , my prayers and thoughts are with you And your family🙏🏻

British man facing £100,000 bill after falling ill in Thailand without insurance

By Lucy Middleton

sei_32944498-206e.jpg

George Gannon, pictured with girlfriend Natalie Hobbs, woke up on September 25 unable to speak or move his legs (Picture: Caters News Agency)

A British man who fell ill in Thailand is now at risk of being stranded on an island after his hospital costs went into the thousands.

George Gannon, 29, awoke on September 25 to find that he had lost the ability to speak and move his legs.

The social media consultant and DJ, who has lived in Thailand since 2014, was then diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour and rushed to hospital in Koh Samui by ambulance boat.

Now George, originally from Basingstoke, is facing mounting medical bills, including at least £600 a day for his treatment and £3,500 for an operation, as he doesn’t have health insurance.

Full Story: https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/01/british-man-facing-100000-bill-after-falling-ill-in-thailand-without-insurance-7993797/