BANGKOK 17 October 2018 07:05
bbabythai

Applying for schengen visa for thai wife

3 hours ago, bbabythai said:

I thought about this and will take some bank statements with me. I will transfer 500k thb to her account and see what they say. we decided to apply for a 1 yr multi entry. see what happens

My mrs had 70k in her book, they are not daft and know it's a 'loan' if it suddenly appears. Apply direct to the embassy EU law states they MUST allow direct applications, we printed it out and took it with us in the end. If you are an EU national she does not pay anything.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:18 PM, bbabythai said:

why do you want to know trol?

Your op is fundamentally flawed. The Schengen visa as such is a 90 day tourist visa. It would appear that what you need is a business visa within the Schengen zone, details regarding available long term visas would be on the visa section of the country concerned.

As posted, funds required would depend on the country and circumstances involved, it should be fairly obvious that Eastern Europe would be a lot less than say Scandinavia.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, sandyf said:

Your op is fundamentally flawed. The Schengen visa as such is a 90 day tourist visa. It would appear that what you need is a business visa within the Schengen zone, details regarding available long term visas would be on the visa section of the country concerned.

As posted, funds required would depend on the country and circumstances involved, it should be fairly obvious that Eastern Europe would be a lot less than say Scandinavia.

Actually, this is not completely correct either.

The "Schengen Visa" i.e. Type C Short Stay for a 90-days stay does not have a default status, and applies for both Tourism and Business.

The status of the issued visa will depend on the purpose of visit stated in the application i.e. Tourism or Business.

So, physically, a tourist or business visa look identical i.e. both Type C.

It's the visa's underlying data that's different in the Schengen Visa Information System (VIS),

depending on the purpose of visit.

E.g. If you've travelling for the business,

then airport immigration will be able to pull up details of the inviting company etc., based on the visa number.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, varun said:

Actually, this is not completely correct either.

The "Schengen Visa" i.e. Type C Short Stay for a 90-days stay does not have a default status, and applies for both Tourism and Business.

The status of the issued visa will depend on the purpose of visit stated in the application i.e. Tourism or Business.

So, physically, a tourist or business visa look identical i.e. both Type C.

It's the visa's underlying data that's different in the Schengen Visa Information System (VIS),

depending on the purpose of visit.

E.g. If you've travelling for the business,

then airport immigration will be able to pull up details of the inviting company etc., based on the visa number.

Quite right, should have just said 90 day visa. Several business related examples in the Schengen handbook.