BANGKOK 20 October 2018 05:26
Nyezhov

Im in the Mood for some Western Food...

37 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

i think I just need a steak.

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse on Sukhumvit Sois 19 or 11, Steakhouse Co on Patpong 2, or New York Steakhouse in JW Marriott.

20 minutes ago, camble said:

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse on Sukhumvit Sois 19 or 11, Steakhouse Co on Patpong 2, or New York Steakhouse in JW Marriott.

Yeah, I guess I need to check my bank balance. Before I left the States I had a great Pittsburg style T-Bone in this little joint in Mooresville NC, cost me $90 (3000 bahtish) for a half kiloish, then one in a town called Denver NC where Prime Rib, Medium rare, half a kilo for $30 (900bahtish). I can only imagine what thats going to cost here. Maybe Ill just go to Sizzler 😞

4 hours ago, camble said:

Is the Steakhouse at Patpong 2 any good?

8 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:
4 hours ago, camble said:

Is the Steakhouse at Patpong 2 any good?

Yes.  Had a few very nice steaks there.

Screw me upside down, I just went to Sizzler because: a) its 500 meters away at the mall, b) I had to go to the mall anyway c) I didnt feel like schlepping my ass downtown, d) I could just go in my T-shirt and shorts.

Report: for 700 Baht I got a "loin steak", probably 100 grams, a baked potato the size of a medium orange (it was a Yukon Gold type), 4 onion rings, a huge Caesar salad and a bowl of pasta with cream sauce...and a hunk of garlic toast and a lemon soda and a bottle of water. The steak was done PEFECTLY as ordered and was tender enough to cut with a spoon. It was actually flavourful too. It just looked so sad, considering at home I could be lumping down a 16oz Rib Steak for $10 more, but hey, it is what it is. All the sides were excellent, even the Caesar and the service was attentive.

Mind you in the states I wouldnt go to Sizzler because there are better options for the money.  For $20, I would maybe go to Waffle House or something like that. But all in all, I had my dose of meat (no comments please) and can now go back to my regularly scheduled unknown food out of some street wok for another few weeks.