BANGKOK 16 October 2018 17:48
webfact

Thai woman issues dating site warning: All is not as it may seem

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You wrote: The question is, are the elusive bad people you are really looking for... That clearly does assume I am after less than savoury characters. Never mind. It is also not intrusive. Anyone I want to speak with can say no, and in my line of work I rarely have to investigate anything. Much of the time I simply analyse and report what I see and hear. Like those who report on football matches, for example. There are many kinds of journalism.

I think you might find that you can read the London Times (one of the papers I used to write for in my more active days) for five pounds a month online. A reputable rag that won't bankrupt you. Other quality papers cost about the same, I think 🙂

When you mentioned reading newspapers, I took it to mean actual newsprint, made from trees and used to wrap fish and chips (yes I known it's been banned as poisonous, but you know what I mean).

Of course I read online e-versions: even "The Nation" as paraphrased here! I doubt I could get even one paper copy of the Times for a fiver, unless nicked from a first class lounge somewhere!

RE - Thai woman issues dating site warning: "All is not as it may seem"

When it comes to women in general, "it's a rarity"....:whistling:

Edited by ttrd

1 hour ago, Grusa said:

When you mentioned reading newspapers, I took it to mean actual newsprint, made from trees and used to wrap fish and chips (yes I known it's been banned as poisonous, but you know what I mean).

Of course I read online e-versions: even "The Nation" as paraphrased here! I doubt I could get even one paper copy of the Times for a fiver, unless nicked from a first class lounge somewhere!

Whenever I was working at a big tournament overseas, it was required that any journos arriving from the UK had to bring all the papers with them. If they did not they were in the doghouse. The fact the papers were then read a day or two late was of no consequence at all. Times have certainly changed.

• Thanks 1