BANGKOK 16 October 2018 17:24
webfact

Illegal foreigners and over stayers rounded up in Pattaya sweep

Of course I have lived in Thailand for 7 years. The moment I turned 50 , I applied for a visa based on retirement as most people do who want to stay long term .  You get 1 year and can come and go as you want with a re-entry stamp. It saves me a lot of hassle , don't have to leave Thailand if it's not necessary. 

I think you should read the latest news about immigration and Big Joke before you comment.  

Yes I am over 50 and the requirements are 800k in the bank or 65k monthly if you are not married to a Thai . 

My income is around 55 to 60k per month which means I do not qualify. 

You don’t qualify. I know it is possible to live on small money but what else can be said? You are not qualified to stay in Thailand if you cannot follow the rules, why should you get a pass? I cannot for the life of me understand how somebody can live in Thailand and cannot “afford” to keep a small amount of money such as 800k Baht in a Thai bank.

It is not even enough for a medical emergency/surgery and a flight back. I feel for you as honestly I think the world should be free of borders but perhaps it is time you consider returning to your country? Thailand is a very very very bad place to be broke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

It is not even enough for a medical emergency/surgery and a flight back. I feel for you as honestly I think the world should be free of borders but perhaps it is time you consider returning to your country? Thailand is a very very very bad place to be broke

You must be joking right ?  Or you don't know much about economy. 

You can live a good life on 60k per month in Thailand, or less. Maybe you have many responsibilities and have to pay money to your extended Thai family but I do not have that problem! 

I am insured in Thailand with BUPA , and I live a healthy lifestyle but if anything happens I am insured. 

I have invested money several millions baht in condos here that i have sold , but my money is now outside of Thailand and I do not intend to keep 800k in a Thai bank . 

If I have to leave and go back to Norway I can do that anytime.  But I intend to fight to stay here as long as possible , and will use visa agents as in the past . 

So you have plenty of money . I have had a few million in Thai banks for many years, with no problems whatsoever. No dependents to worry about.

So what is your actual complaint then as you are actually qualified to stay in Thailand? And why would you criticize Those forces of Thai authority that ONLY want to drive out overstayers, criminals, and miscreants?

Thai Banks are perfectly safe and pay more interest than my country (USA).

17 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

And why would you criticize Those forces of Thai authority that ONLY want to drive out overstayers, criminals, and miscreants?

I don't criticize them , overstayers and criminals don't belong here, But there are a lot of decent , honest foreigners who are on a lower income , let's say 50 or 60k per month who can't afford 800k in the bank .  

All of them use visa agents and we are talking about 100k foreigners for sure, they are not bad people , just not as rich as you. 

When you think about all the foreign teachers who live and work here on 40k per month , you should not criticize us on a lower income. 

Everyone has a budget and when I say I am doing fine on 50k per month in Thailand I mean it. Back in my home country I would be broke the first week with that kind of salary . 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Round up, book and deport deport deport....

If you don´t report, they must deport.  Remember this...

Time to check your Visas are up to date...

No "Big Joke" it is "Big Moo" you need to worry about...

/