BANGKOK 15 November 2018 09:51
rooster59

Pet fees depend on local administrative offices

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...If there is to be a pet registration fee, he said it won't exceed 450 baht and would be collected by local administrative organizations. A decision on the fee will be made by local offices...." 

And, the world-record for back-pedaling on a stupid idea goes to...

Stupid bureaucrats propose a stupid idea. Stupid bureaucrats set a stupid fee which is... well, stupid. Stupid Junta doesn't realize that this is... well, stupid. Stupidly, they combine to set a policy which was... stupid.

One of the reasons that I like living in Thailand is that every once in a while, the Thai public says that something is really, really stupid. And, they make their voices heard in a way that I don't fully understand.

Did I mention that this particular Junta plan was stupid?

just  like  all the  soi  dogs  running  wild then

Nothings going to happen til the next big breakout of Rabies and by the time they decide on what to do the outbreak will have subsided and the plan of action will be shelved and forgotten...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...If there is to be a pet registration fee, he said it won't exceed 450 baht and would be collected by local administrative organizations. A decision on the fee will be made by local offices...." 

Stupid bureaucrats propose a stupid idea. Stupid bureaucrats set a stupid fee which is... well, stupid. Stupid Junta doesn't realize that this is... well, stupid. Stupidly, they combine to set a policy which was... stupid.

One of the reasons that I like living in Thailand is that every once in a while, the Thai public says that something is really, really stupid. And, they make their voices heard in a way that I don't fully understand.

F.....g brilliant 

• Thanks 1

Great only THB 450 max and they come to Collect that,,, Make sure that they give you a Tag and a Receipt

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

There is nothing stupid in making owners register their pet cats and dogs other than 450B is far too low...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Don't believe they'll be many takers or those that might adhere.

Not in their hard wiring. 

Another borrowed [and fabricated] Farang PC manner that naturally goes astray. 

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Will there be dual pricing for Farangs?  Or will farangs not be allowed to own a Thai dog or cat?  

For purposes of registration, my missus is the proud owner of our her two dogs..................:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

I'll be very happy if the general can get the soidogs of the streets of Thailand.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A great way to pretend to address the stray dog issue, while in reality collecting loads of cash from the public and doing nothing.

• Thanks 1

Significant numbers will not pay 20-30 baht a month to have the rubbish collected, or the service charges, even when they can well afford to. Good luck with getting them to fork out hundreds for a dog or cat!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oldrunner said:

DID SOMEONE SAY THIS WAS A REALLY STUPID IDEA? NO? WELL IT IS A REALLY STUPID IDEA AND A NON-LICENSING AT THE LOCAL LEVEL IS EVEN MORE STUPIDIER (?) LIKE MY ENGLISH. OBVIOUSLY THAI POLITICOS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE MOVIE, "DUMB AND DUMBER". IT'S ALIVE AND WELL WITH SUIT WEARING POLITICIANS.

No need to get hysterical and shout like that!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Yes you did. What was stupid about it?

For those who do the world a favor and take in multiple strays, they will get punished for their good deeds.  They should be awarded.  Make those who breed and sell animals pay for registration and then pass on the costs.  Make pet owners who wish to have a reproductive animal pay more. 

When my ex wife lived in Thailand, she would round up strays and we would get them fixed.  It was B1000 per.  

The current plan is lacks any vision at all other than just filling government coffers .  So yes, it is stupid.

they better registrate all the street dogs !!!!!!!!!!

what a stupid idea again from a brainless junta government