Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 October 2018 18:03
rooster59

Thailand remains most visited destination among Chinese

Recommended Posts

Thailand remains most visited destination among Chinese

Thammarat Thadaphrom

 

PNECO611013001000101.jpg

 

BANGKOK, 13th October 2018 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has reported that Ctrip.com, China’s largest and most influential online travel agent, has ranked Thailand the number one global destination among Chinese tourists during this year’s National Day vacation, or the Chinese Golden Week 2018. 

Thailand comes out on top of Japan, Hong Kong SAR, Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan, and Korea, among more than 1,000 destinations in nearly 100 countries. Favorite Thai destinations among Chinese tourists include Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, and Chiang Mai. 

Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, TAT Governor, said China is Thailand’s largest tourist market, and this latest Ctrip’s study shows that the kingdom continues to win the hearts of Chinese tourists with a wide range of attractions, ranging from local experiences, abundant natural beauty and a remarkable variety of activities, including soft adventure, health and wellness, weddings and honeymoons, and sports tourism. 

This year, TAT is maintaining its target of 10.5-11 million arrivals from China, up from last year’s 9.8 million. Already this year, from January to August, Thailand has welcomed 7.7 million Chinese tourists, generating 423 billion baht.

 

 
nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-13

 

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

Funny how that has changed in just the past few days... :)))

It's not funny, it's a relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

and this latest Ctrip’s study shows that the kingdom continues to win the hearts of Chinese tourists with a wide range of attractions, ranging from local experiences, abundant natural beauty and a remarkable variety of activities,

 

imageproxy.php.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overheard something at an airport gate yesterday from some apparently overseas Chinese heading to Shenzen at next gate, they were speaking English with their kids: "Mom you said Thailand is a bad country why is it a bad country?". I was interested in the answer but it never came. The writing seems to be on the wall though.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

Funny how that has changed in just the past few days... :)))

Yes it is impressing ....
So the learning chinese language in Chiang mai, the chinese quick
lane in airport etc worked ?🤔

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Overheard something at an airport gate yesterday from some apparently overseas Chinese heading to Shenzen at next gate, they were speaking English with their kids: "Mom you said Thailand is a bad country why is it a bad country?". I was interested in the answer but it never came. The writing seems to be on the wall though.

Oh seriously?

For one family that says that there are 100 who don´t.

The Chinese I know love this place so much.

In the next 5 years multiply the number of Chinese 3 to 5 fold from current numbers.

You will see, this is just the beginning...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, TAT Governor, said China is Thailand’s largest tourist market, and this latest Ctrip’s study shows that the kingdom continues to win the hearts of Chinese tourists with a

 welcoming punch in the gob from a friendly immigration official ..

IMG_20181013_120904.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best get use to it.

They're taken over worldwide. 

 

Historic cycles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Best get use to it.

They're taken over worldwide. 

 

Historic cycles.

Well, when the stream of international manufacturers and other firms continue to leave (its starting already), we will not be seeing so many of them maybe. China is tough but not unstoppable. Once western countries untangle and unplug from China over the next 15-20 years, they will be far less successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything will be aligned to China, their new paymasters .The farangs will be given a much harder time as we are seeing of late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×