BANGKOK 19 October 2018 17:50
bahtboy

Unable to access Philippine Airlines website

I was trying for hours yesterday to access the Philippine Airlines website, but kept getting redirected to cheapOair.com. or (if using a link from Google) a full page message that told me it thinks I'm a bot!! I was asked to enable javascript, which was already enabled, and I added the Philippines airline's website to "allow" on javascript. All to no avail. I finally gave up and tried this morning once again, but still cannot access their website. I generally think it's safer to book directly with the airline and never use an agency like cheapOair. Does anybody have a solution to my dilemma? BTW I'm using a chromebook as opposed to a Windows laptop and have also tried on my smartphone with the same result.

Thanks for that link Carib. I hadn't used that, but I just clicked on it and the website has rendered correctly. Amazing! I'm busy at the mo. but will try a booking in the next hour and report back if I'm unsuccessful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have now tried to make a booking and have input my required dates and destination but when I click on "Search flights" I get this screen:-160172132_Screenshot2018-10-14at09_47_15.png.c55747533981521b69efbe7729e379f0.png

This is where I have been before. The screen doesn't reload and when I click on "do so manually" this page just keeps reappearing.

Edited by bahtboy

Do you use a pop up blocker
 If yes the pop up may not show so nothing can be confirmed...

This is just a guess by the way. 

Thanks again Carib. There was a small icon in my address bar which when I clicked on it told me that "this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources". I clicked on this then clicked on "load unsafe scripts" and voila..I was able to complete a booking. For Buddha's sake, why do big companies like Philippines Airlines not sort out these "unsafe" scripts? They must miss out on a lot of bookings. I persevered and eventually got what I wanted. Many others would have given up!

• Like 1