Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 December 2018 01:56
webfact

Koh Tao rape claim dismissed by Thai police, citing lack of evidence and no DNA

Just now, poanoi said:

looks like i mistook it for another case of lies, see 2 posts above

Glad you're able to keep your misplaced conclusion, without having any idea of what factual information may exist to prove or disprove the woman's claim.

Because what the Thai police say in their public statements, and what's actually the truth, may or may not be the same things, as a long history of evidence in other cases shows.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

However, police did not find any traces of semen on the t-shirt.

So, how could they have established that? 

Sniff test ? Lick test ?

• Like 1

The UK police and FO have been totally done by the Thai police.  Probably had guarantees the case was being took seriously and the DNA would be tested.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Wrong case regarding the girl who thought she’d bren raped in her room.  That was KP and she apologised 

Edited by cass74
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Why there are 6 officers to deliver a simple statement ?

How many of the foreign press and media reps were there?

What type of questions were asked? 

If any , where are the answers? 

If you look at the following article written by Associated Press which appeared in a U.S. publication earlier today, it shows a photo of the t-shirt itself being displayed on a screen during the press conference.  What's curious is that there are several red rings marked on the t-shirt.  So, if there were no traces of semen and/or DNA on the t-shirt, what do these represent?

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/nation-world/article220085355.html?fbclid=IwAR1l3rEeQk6JoxI64jeuEmqCHNwXdZbqCs8hNvptaZHhKzQybwIw6nzzw_Q

894966802_KohTaorapecasepressconference.JPG.2240410eaeb05cb9d3f0fd8989a6bbf6.JPG

35 minutes ago, cass74 said:

The UK police and FO have been totally done by the Thai police.  Probably had guarantees the case was being took seriously and the DNA would be tested

No, I don't think they're so stupid; I'd be worried if they were. Probably a case of what happens in Thailand, stays in Thailand. Anyway, the Thais must've been very confident, to make the trip; not like we're the main cargo anymore, and worth taking a risk over, just flotsam and jetsam that turns up on the shore. I'd also be very surprised if this rape claim wasn't properly assessed? Given the current "me too" climate, and police being hold accountable for past failures. There'll be a paper trail on this, I'm sure. Just my reading; I could be totally wrong.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Why there are 6 officers to deliver a simple statement ?

How many of the foreign press and media reps were there?

What type of questions were asked? 

If any , where are the answers? 

One could say that they do look a tad threatening don't you think ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

One could say that they do look a tad threatening don't you think ?

you could twist many things to suit a narrative as proved here many times....or just admit that things may not be quite how you were lead to believe by a certain news page and their hate campaign!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

It's well past time that visitors, any visitors, stopped going to Koh Tao

Yes you could start an international campaign, as the one guy noted on here, that the snorkeling ain't all that good.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Haha 2