Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 15 November 2018 23:34
banagan

Some good news

A little late to gloat, I wonder if the many Thai businesses that were/are catering to the Chinese share your elation.

34 minutes ago, Thailand said:

A little late to gloat, I wonder if the many Thai businesses that were/are catering to the Chinese share your elation.

As they spend very little and businesses I know want the good old happy days back (of 10 years ago) I don't think many will miss them.

• Like 2

I believe this was Sunday or Monday night. The main Chinese tourist trap in the Night Bazaar. Not one single customer. The shop across from it already folded a few days ago.

20181015_213138.jpg

20181015_213206e.jpg

• Sad 2

Upset about the birds and TP Gate......Im gonna get some bread and open a filthy pigeon park for them...

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2018 at 8:53 AM, BobBKK said:

As they spend very little and businesses I know want the good old happy days back (of 10 years ago) I don't think many will miss them.

Where do you base this statement on. Because its not true every study done by different Thai government and non government organization shows that the Chinese are the biggest spenders. And my wife operates a guesthouse and our cleaning lady can confirm this by the amount of empty packaging she gets out of Chinese rooms. Asian in general spend considerable more in the country than Western tourists.  Time always moves forward never backwards. And we can not claim this place as we are also visitors maybe a bit longer then the rest but still visitors. 

Edited by johnoko
  • Like 1

I think there is some truth to those numbers. Yesterday I took a trip through the Mae Rim tourist attractions; X Centre, Tiger Kingdom, Insect zoo, etc. All were dead. Saw only one Chinese tour bus and a couple of vans. Seem kinda sad visiting these venues when they're nearly empty. 

The Thai's love to complain about all Farang and Chinese but they fail to understand who pays for their rice and noodles.  They have treated the majority of Foreign 'Guests' badly for too many years and at last it's all coming back to bite their Rectum's.  Couldn't happen to a more worthy bunch in my opinion !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Throatwobbler said:

You all think that you are different to the Chinese

I assume you must be Thai by the use of "you" in the quote above.  If so I will respect your opinion.

If however you are "Farang" then it should have been "we" in the quote above and, if so, enough said!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, johnoko said:

every study!!!!!

A very bold statement.  Please provide some independent sites/figures. 

I suggest you mean  "some selected Thai sponsored studies" etc. Also where are your "studies" quoting spending per person/per country etc rather than TOTAL spending by ALL Chinese.  Of course the totals will be bigger for China, there are more of them coming here after all.

My partner's business is definitely down by Chinese income/footfall counts compared to the last few months of last year.  

PS what has the amount of empty shopping wrappers of goods they are taking home got to do with it.

• Like 1

A lot of the Chinese Tourist who visit here

Their Package Tour is paid in China

They fly Chinese Airlines, Tour Buses/Vans, Hotels are mostly Chinese Owned

So most of the Tourist Baht is not used in Thailand

It is a well know fact that many Chinese come to Thailand to buy Products

I see this on Wechat, so i know this

• Like 1