BANGKOK 17 November 2018 07:25
webfact

"Scouser" faces 10 years for Chiang Mai graffiti

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

Urban dictionary:-

The usual Chav, Stands for Council House affiliated Vermin, is a person that stand outsides Mcdonalds all the time but doesn't actually have enough money to actually go in.

Of which I am not nor never have been.

I proudly came from a council house as a child, and I now own a number of private homes.

It was a joke mate, I know what it means Lol 😂 I just do not understand why you are defending theses peices of shit, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, your right, I actually bit.😂😂

It's only when they class everybody from Liverpool in a fixed stereotypical generalization, that it pisses me off.

The kid was out of order and a prat, that is fair play. He deserves punishing but some of the OTT statements on here. Jesus, I am so bloody glad they aren't in positions of power to hand out these sentences.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

An iconic wall? It's not some wondrous relic nor is it that old anymore with all the work done on it. More like from the eighties most of it. That aside, it's been cleaned off and restored and back to its original state. I could understand the outrage if he had stolen a JCB and demolished half of it.

Give him the same punishment as they would a Thai national of similar age and circumstances instead of stupid over the top talk of ten years and 1 million baht fines. Absolutely pathetic by some posters and even worse, others on here agreeing with it.

Yawn, every media outlet worldwide quotes the maximum sentence available for a crime. How often do you see someone facing "life" for something knowing full well they'll get out for less. 

That's great that you don't think Tha Pae is iconic, personally I don't care either way. Google Chiang Mai and Tha Pae is one of the first things that comes up, so I'd think it's more iconic than you might ignorantly think. But the fact it can be cleaned up doesn't excuse the brash crime of deciding to spraypaint your name plus some reference to your chavvy scouser mates on it. I'm sure you could clean spraypaint off the pyramids of Giza too, but imagine the sentence for doing the same there?

It's not the same as "what should a Thai be sentenced for it". Fact of the matter is, he's a visitor and a guest here and he's made the choice to go buy some spraypaint and try to make a name for himself. I'm sure he'll look forward to you being his penpal in prison. Given you're probably the sort who thinks Tommy Robinson is a factual news source, I'm sure you'd feel the same if a foreigner did something similar in your home town

Edited by SammyT
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes,

And pay he will and depending on how much he pays will depend on how lightly the police deal with him. So, nobody wins as usual except the police!

So surely the easiest way to stop the police from "winning" is to imprison him? Then no fine/bribe is paid, and he pays his debt to society through punitive measures? Or would you rather just put the boot into Thai law enforcement?

11 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah, your right, I actually bit.😂😂

It's only when they class everybody from Liverpool in a fixed stereotypical generalization, that it pisses me off.

The kid was out of order and a prat, that is fair play. He deserves punishing but some of the OTT statements on here. Jesus, I am so bloody glad they aren't in positions of power to hand out these sentences.

Sucks to be you that the people in positions of power are likely less rational than the people on this board. 

All very well to excuse someone as out of order after they've been caught, but it's not like he handed himself in. I bet he's done this all the way round Thailand. I look forward to hearing of his sentence. Please pass on my regards when you go to visit him inside

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mad monkey hostel--drive by daily when biking---drunk skuzzy backpackers drinking large chang all day

Let him clean the bird crap that is all over TP gate with a toothbrush---pay a fine and ban 5 yrs

They just wanted some attention. They got it. 

Moving on, i am more interested in the girl on the left in uniform on the third photo. 

• Like 1

Sorry folks I have seen enough of this type of vandalism in my home city, throw the book at them it will not only teach these two but should keep any other low life from doing this. It can cost thousands of dollars to clean this crap off walls, windows, doors and even cars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

So surely the easiest way to stop the police from "winning" is to imprison him? Then no fine/bribe is paid, and he pays his debt to society through punitive measures? Or would you rather just put the boot into Thai law enforcement?

You are totally missing the point, if he pays, there won't be any court appearance or jail.

That's how it is. How many times do you see great press headlines and fanfare only for those cases to fade away and disappear? and why do you suppose that happens?

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Sucks to be you that the people in positions of power are likely less rational than the people on this board. 

All very well to excuse someone as out of order after they've been caught, but it's not like he handed himself in. I bet he's done this all the way round Thailand. I look forward to hearing of his sentence. Please pass on my regards when you go to visit him inside

Must be awful being perfect like you and us mere mortals constantly failing to come up to your exacting standards!

You must have lead an amazing totally crime free life and never so much has took a bar of chocolate when the shopkeeper wasn't looking.

Oh, to be perfect.

1 week in prison, 250.000 baht fine. next case.

LOL at everyone who believes that part of Tha Phae Gate is ancient.  It was built like 20 years ago with the same bricks they used to build Kad Suan Kaew!

• Like 1

Anyone know what brand of spray paint they used?  I don't want to buy any that apparently washes off brick that easily.  Or maybe they have some really good cleaner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1