BANGKOK 14 November 2018 21:18
Vixiena

Denied entry to Thailand!

Did you have the required 20k in cash? That's the usual one they use if they suspect you've been working without the correct paperwork.
He said that he didn’t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vixiena said:

Their reason for doing this was that I didn't have 20000 baht with me in cash?

That is a requirement to enter the country. It can be the equivalent of 20k baht in any echangeable currency.

1 hour ago, Vixiena said:

The immigration in Thailand said I can come back in two weeks time.

There is no rule that states you have to wait 2 weeks. It seems the immigration officer made a new rule.

What numbers are shown in parenthesis on your denial of entry stamp. I would guess they are 2 and 9. Which are for a lack of financial proof for your stay here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

what country are you from btw? this might be a reason they denied you and suspect you are working in Thailand. how many tourist visa have you had? (in reality there is no limit to the amount of tourist visa's you can have) its down to the IO at the end of the day. 

I was doing my own thing online. I was not working in an establishment or taking anyone elses job. There are many people traveling the world doing this. Yeah maybe your not officially allowed to do this but there are people that stay in Thailand for years working online. I had around 7000 baht with me in cash and the rest was in my bank account. I can't see why anyone would want to carry 20000 baht with them in their pocket. It's not exactly small money. The Embassy clearly saw I had enough in my account when they gave me my visa which I'm also guessing immigration have access to. I have also read that people that did not have the money in cash were aloud to draw it out of an ATM. For the guy that asked I am from the UK, which they seemed rather surprised about.. doesn't take long to save up money from the UK to be able to travel Asia for a year. Below is the only paperwork they gave me. I will check the passport stamp in a bit. I have also had like 3 tourist visas and maybe 2 exemptions.

IMG_20181021_091109.jpg

Edited by Vixiena
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vixiena said:

I was doing my own thing online. I was not working in an establishment or taking anyone elses job. There are many people traveling the world doing this. Yeah maybe your not officially allowed to do this but there are people that stay in Thailand for years working online. I had around 7000 baht with me in cash and the rest was in my bank account. I can't see why anyone would want to carry 20000 baht with them in their pocket. It's not exactly small money. The Embassy clearly saw I had enough in my account when they gave me my visa which I'm also guessing immigration have access to. I have also read that people that did not have the money in cash were aloud to draw it out of an ATM. For the guy that asked I am from the UK, which they seemed rather surprised about.. doesn't take long to save up money from the UK to be able to travel Asia for a year. Below is the only paperwork they gave me. I will check the passport stamp in a bit. I have also had like 3 tourist visas and maybe 2 exemptions.

And also check if there is a void stamp or any marks on the visa sticker itself. Unfortunately the 20000 baht rule out a big one to remember when coming to Thailand on holiday

2 minutes ago, Yeahbutwhytho said:

And also check if there is a void stamp or any marks on the visa sticker itself. Unfortunately the 20000 baht rule out a big one to remember when coming to Thailand on holiday

Immigration cannot mark a visa void or canceled.

Thailand doesn't provide a suitable Visa for your requirements. In the past it was fairly easy to live here on tourist Visa's but this seems to have become more problematic over the years and with the appointment of the new showman head of immigration it is likely to get harder. 

• Like 1