BANGKOK 13 November 2018 12:28

1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

do they accept Google maps?

They do for an extension based on marriage.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I forgot to mention she also said if I transferred 65 K a month every month  to a thai bank account that she would accept that instead of the 800k in the Thai account. But no more accepted USA embassy verification letters dated after January 1, 2019. 

65K a month left in your account untouched for 12 months that shows 800,000 at end of the year, 65K a month that you can use them top up with 3 months to go before renewal, or 65K a month you can use to live on?

• Confused 3

Just now, Kadilo said:

65K a month left in your account untouched for 12 months that shows 800,000 at end of the year, 65K a month that you can use them top up with 3 months to go before renewal, or 65K a month you can use to live on?

He clearly meant the two methods (as least, not sure about combo) would remain EXACTLY the same except for the use of income letters.

Bank method

800K in Thai bank account seasoned for two months (first extension application) and three months subsequent

TOTALLY UNCHANGED

Income method

Instead of proving income via income letter the officer told this guy you'd need to transfer in at least 65K baht MONTHLY into Thailand, regardless of whether you actually need to SPEND that much. For that you wouldn't have any worries about showing any specific balance at the application. It would be all based on showing the INCOME flowing into Thailand. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

because otherwise what's to stop someone from depositing  and withdrawing the same 65 K every month

As some people I know were doing exactly that with their UK bank 'income'. That is why the BE have said they cannot 'verify' the incomes, but the Thai IO want them to. 

• Like 1