Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 December 2018 03:10
webfact

English overstayer to be kicked out of Thailand for ten years

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

There is a difference though .

Less than a 1 year overstay is a five year blacklisting as opposed to the ten year blacklisting for an overstay of more than one year

Like , who cares how long he gets.  Lifetime would be my vote, as he just fxxxs it up for others who abide by the rules. No sympathy for the idiot 

49 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Thailand don't need no stinkin' GDPR.

So it seems you like the idea when your personal data is published, correct?

Come on, show some pictures of you, your passport, your home, and add your phone number and email, etc.

Or if you don't publish it maybe someone else will do it for you.

And then you can think about if maybe you would prefer to have laws which protect your privacy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Now he has to find ramshackle accommodation in Mansfield for the next 10 years! Won't be an easy life without heating over there.... Bad boy!!

He won't find anything that good in Mansfield left as they are all taken with overstayers from all over the world. Only diffrence here they get to stay and are given money food and helth service. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, car720 said:

Thailand is telling us that they want to clean up their act.

The problem that I see is; what will they do when they have eventually kicked everyone out.

The wannabe hippies and the old fart brigade and the wannabe intelligence services groupies. The sex tourists and the gunjah afficionados.  

Just what will they do for a dollar then?

I’m sure everything will be fine; there’s still all the retired cardio-thoracic surgeons and emeritus professors of medieval history that currently live in Patong and Pattaya and comprise the backbone of the expatriate community; or not, as the case may be....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Come on, show some pictures of you, your passport, your home, and add your phone number and email, etc.

And then you can think about if maybe you would prefer to have laws which protect your privacy.

Lighten up!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is there any reason why the picture of his documents are published? Yes, he should not have overstayed, but that is no reason to publish these documents. Someone at Thai Visa should read and learn about GDPR.

They and u are here so any rules in G B dont count Thailand rules Thailand thinking and people should abide by the rules then no problem realy most ex pats here abide and of course there are frustrations when the documents change for the 1 thousand times  but here is here thats it 

in other countries they put many over the borders for over stay but it is not broadcasted so much but also happens   

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's a movie line, you don't do humour, do you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikecha said:

They and u are here so any rules in G B dont count Thailand rules Thailand thinking and people should abide by the rules then no problem realy most ex pats here abide and of course there are frustrations when the documents change for the 1 thousand times  but here is here thats it 

in other countries they put many over the borders for over stay but it is not broadcasted so much but also happens   

It seems you don't know or see the whole picture.

Ask any international hotel based in Thailand and you should be able to find out that they care about these laws. Because they are for data from European citizens - not only if they are in Europe.

Personally I like the idea that personal data should be protected. I.e. if I become a member in a local club then I don't want that they use or sell my data for other business. That's what that law is all about.

I see all the “hilarious” Mansfield one liners which the same posters would of used wherever he came from. 

Edited by Kadilo

2 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

He’s from Mansfield, that’s why.

Childish and stupid comment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simoh1490 said:

It's a movie line, you don't do humour, do you!

You wrote: "Thailand don't need no stinkin' GDPR. "

Please let me know the movie...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, car720 said:

Thailand is telling us that they want to clean up their act.

The problem that I see is; what will they do when they have eventually kicked everyone out.

The wannabe hippies and the old fart brigade and the wannabe intelligence services groupies. The sex tourists and the gunjah afficionados.  

Just what will they do for a dollar then? 

So you think that those overstayers are quality tourists?! If you have nothing to hide you follow the rules and you don't have any problems.

• Sad 1