BANGKOK 14 November 2018 03:46
Hanuman2547

Best way to ride your bike to Sky Lane

On 11/9/2018 at 8:43 AM, StreetCowboy said:

I don’t like putting my bike in the car, except for taking it to or from the shop - even then I prefer to walk home. If you want to ride, then why not take the opportunity of Agee extra km to and from the start / finish?

The Sky Lane is out near the airport, right?  That would be an lot of extra km from Bangkok... just getting there and back would be my workout... no need to ride once I got there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Katia said:

The Sky Lane is out near the airport, right?  That would be an lot of extra km from Bangkok... just getting there and back would be my workout... no need to ride once I got there.

Same here... From central BKK it takes me at least 30mins to the airport by car - its too much for to cycle safely, the better option is dump the bike in the car (remove front wheel) and ride in a safer environment at the skyline. 

Perhaps the use of 'google maps' in 'waking mode' would help the Op - but it still appears that there is no particularly 'bike friendly way' of getting to the Skyline from Rama IX Park.

Getting across the outer ring road poses a major obstacle. 

I'm not sure I'd want to ride on the road with the fatigue encountered after 2 or 3 laps of the skyline either. Driving to and from is the much safer option. 

Its anywhere from a 15 to 20km journey for the op: 

MAP 

Again, I thing the OP can make up his own mind about whether he wants to ride his bike to Skylane.. For some, the trip there and back with a few loops thrown in would be a light 100km workout. 

Edited by bobfish
  • Like 1