BANGKOK 14 November 2018 02:56
pookiki

Expats need to organize in face of Embassies discontinuance of income verification letters

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

Yes, me too. I'd just like to know how I can get a decent rate of interest in an account in Thailand on 800k baht.

I believe that only certain accounts that are acceptable to TI, i.e. accounts that have instant access.

I have been using time deposits (one year)....most banks offer them....  6 months or longer, it depends.  Never a problem for extension of stay ( bank will give letter certifying your account balance).  usual rate nowadays

is around 1.5% , however they do take out some tax when interest is paid.  I extend in CM, but i think all

Imm offices accept this kind of deposit.  If in doubt ask Ubon Joe

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lkv said:

Why issue any new directives, too much fuss. They can just leave the catch 22 running 🙂

I don't know that the bank deposit from abroad route would require a new directive . This is what the current (Police Order) directive says:

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month: or

So up until recent the Embassy letter was deemed as necessary and sufficient evidence.

But the Supporting DOCs required No. 138/2557 attachment to the current Police Order says:

3.Evidence of income such as retirement pension, interest or dividends, and/or

4.Certified letter of having the required amount in the bank account (fixed/ savings deposit) issued by a bank.

So the FTT or other deposit of not less than 65K baht monthly deposit in the passbook COULD also be deemed as evidence with no change to the current Police Order or its attachment.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

This time next year I'm gunna be a millionaire. Been in touch with Oz Govt and when I head back for Xmas I can have my Justice of the Peace Authority  reinstated. I will then be able to accept stat decs here in LOS then.,for Ozzies. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cleverman said:

This time next year I'm gunna be a millionaire. Been in touch with Oz Govt and when I head back for Xmas I can have my Justice of the Peace Authority  reinstated. I will then be able to accept stat decs here in LOS then.,for Ozzies. 

Dream on, what's the use of an Aussie JP in Thailand.?

All that is needed are two things, (1) Thai immigration exchanges the word 'verify' for 'certify' and (2) the US and AUS embassies do away with stat decs and follow the procedures used by the Europeans to certify income based on the documents shown.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Dream on, what's the use of an Aussie JP in Thailand.?

nice little earner for the JP, pity that TI stipulates EMBASSY letter.

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

All that is needed are two things, (1) Thai immigration exchanges the word 'verify' for 'certify' and (2) the US and AUS embassies do away with stat decs and follow the procedures used by the Europeans to certify income based on the documents shown.

And for 3 embassies to rescind their decision to stop issuing income letters, which is the main sticking point, particularly for the BE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And for 3 embassies to rescind their decision to stop issuing income letters, which is the main sticking point, particularly for the BE.

IF they can use the word certify they would do I assume, they would no longer have an excuse not to.