Strangers talking on baht buses in these "interesting" times

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Iranians are selling fake watches?

Sorry, never seen it......

Need to spend more time in Soi Arab then 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Need to spend more time in Soi Arab then 🙂

🙂 No thanks.  Have not been south of 13/2 for quite awhile. 

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

🙂 No thanks.  Have not been south of 13/2 for quite awhile. 

Some great photo ops down there 🙂 The dudes with the beards give ya the eye thinking you are CIA or something...

9 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Some great photo ops down there 🙂 The dudes with the beards give ya the eye thinking you are CIA or something...

OK.  We use to refer to it as "the stink eye".

Got to get out more I guess.

I did remember a young guy last year on the BB ask me where I was from.
I told him and he said: "I am from Iran do you hate me"?
I laughed and asked him why?  I explained he is just a guy here I assume to enjoy a holiday I could care less about the politics of our countries.  I told him to enjoy his time in Pattaya.
He got off and shook my hand. Seemed like a decent fellow a shame about the world of politics and propaganda.

That anecdote would have been even more interesting if you referred to your nationality as The Great Satan.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well , nothing happened today. I had 2-3 Russian tourists sitting next to me both ways  and as always they seem to be in their own world.   

A drunk farang, possible German with a not very pretty Thai woman entered and the Russians suddenly found something to look at like they never seen this before.   

On the way back the crazy driver was speeding and braking like there was no tomorrow and we all had had that worried look in our eyes. Another day in paradise. 

Edited by balo
  • Haha 1

Well , nothing happened today. I had 2-3 Russian tourists sitting next to me both ways  and as always they seem to be in their own world.   
A drunk farang, possible German with a not very pretty Thai woman entered and the Russians suddenly found something to look at like they never seen this before.   
On the way back the crazy driver was speeding and braking like there was no tomorrow and we all had had that worried look in our eyes. Another day in paradise. 

That's a slice of life no doubt but not interesting. You need ride volume to increase the chances of it getting interesting.

I have one weekly trip to Jomtien , that's all these days. Luckily I can walk and use my bicycle most of the time. 

I don't expect anything to happen .

I have one weekly trip to Jomtien , that's all these days. Luckily I can walk and use my bicycle most of the time.  I don't expect anything to happen .

Nighttime is more fruitful. My ride back tonight was all drunken Russkies all the time. Three of them even tried to skip the fare. I guess they understand English after all as the driver chased after them yelling 30 baht.