Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 14 December 2018 03:13
webfact

TOTAL DISASTER – The world’s most dangerous countries for a holiday have been revealed – and some are VERY popular with Brits

7 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Does this mean families should be dissuaded from coming here? 

It is no different here in Thailand than in the USA as long as you take precautions. You can easily collect information online as to how not to become a victim. Back in Hartford CT, a medium sized city between New York City and Boston, in my neighborhood where I owned a house for 30 years,  that looks "nice" at a glance, there are drugs, occasional shootings, and marauding thieves who take anything out of your yard that is not nailed down. 

Thailand is a wonderful place for families if you do your planning homework 

• Like 1

France!

Probably the food is what does it: all that cholesterol is tough on the arteries.

Same with the US, just try to get a quick nosh that doesn't involve something deep-fried, or red meat (probably both), or that great staple of American cuisine, bacon! 

8 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Hartford CT

Went out with a gal in Bridgeport some years back, used to tell me horror stories of visiting her friends up there.  Funny how some of these places can have such reputations among th people but you never hear about it in the media.  Used to hear the same thing about Albany NY back then and again, never heard it in the press.

I think DC's crime rep gets more mention.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1337markus said:

Agree. How SA became first is unbelievable, I travel to Mali and neighboring countries frequently they are more dangerous than Jo'berg.

The crime rate in South Africa is off the chart, but violence against tourists is almost non-existent.  That said, I would not recommend anyone to be out alone on the streets of Johannesburg at night, or in the suburbs either, for that matter.  One would be asking for trouble.

Thailand is the 3rd most crime ridden destination in the world? Seriously, the article could barely conclude anything more preposterous. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Don't go to London, unless you want to stabbed, have acid throw in your face or mugged or be frowned upon for calling snowmen  'snowmen' instead of 'snowpersons'... OK ? Sun Newsrag and Which..... get a life.

Is it ok to call it a "snowman" if it has got snowballs?

• Haha 1

I only go on holiday where The Sun never shines . 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

It is no different here in Thailand than in the USA as long as you take precautions. You can easily collect information online as to how not to become a victim. Back in Hartford CT, a medium sized city between New York City and Boston, in my neighborhood where I owned a house for 30 years,  that looks "nice" at a glance, there are drugs, occasional shootings, and marauding thieves who take anything out of your yard that is not nailed down. 

Thailand is a wonderful place for families if you do your planning homework 

Thank you Jonathon. But I feel you need to catch up on current affairs in Thailand. Oh, and learn a sense of irony when you do.

2 hours ago, Humpy said:

Don't go to London, unless you want to stabbed, have acid throw in your face or mugged or be frowned upon for calling snowmen  'snowmen' instead of 'snowpersons'... OK ? Sun Newsrag and Which..... get a life.

Lived in London for the past two years, didn't have one problem.

Everyone was very helpful and polite to me.

• Thanks 1