Jump to content
Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 13 December 2018 22:52
webfact

E-cigarettes set to be legal in Thailand

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

That's ok, as long as they ban them from being used in the same places as the "real" cigarettes, e-smoke annoys, stinks and endangers in the same way as "real" smoke

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

Rubbish

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Thailand Tobacco Monopoly has finally got its vape products ready to go to market I guess. No one seems to be able to come up with any other reason why they have been illegal thus far.

They have been illegal thus far, because the powers-that-be did not know how to make money out of it. Now, someone gave them the idea that it can be taxed... Legal or illegal, money will be made :coffee1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Does it really?

As a non-smoker I had no idea. I assumed (dangerous, I know) it didn't affect bystanders?

Vaping is as irritating to me as smoking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

That's ok, as long as they ban them from being used in the same places as the "real" cigarettes, e-smoke annoys, stinks and endangers in the same way as "real" smoke

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

What about those who stinks sweat or parfume? They can still stand and be everywhere they want? 

 

The hate against smokers is so stupid, I can understand that smoking in the middle of a crowd is stupid and isn’t very popular but, standing away from everyone and smoke so no one is effect, like I always do, because is it’s about respect other human beings isn’t a problem, I don’t really like either when someone smokes near me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Who cares, do what you want with your own body. everything cause cancer these days, do some  research and you will see.

 

talking to much, or laughing to much or smile to much does that cause cancer ??

 

the only reason everything on the planet earth is classified as dangerous, simply so the government can put a tax on it...

 

corrupt  govement and money greedy scientists= more tax money..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The traveler said:

Who cares, do what you want with your own body. everything cause cancer these days, do some  research and you will see.

 

talking to much, or laughing to much or smile to much does that cause cancer ??

 

the only reason everything on the planet earth is classified as dangerous, simply so the government can put a tax on it...

 

corrupt  govement and money greedy scientists= more tax money..

 

Sorry Thai Visa doesn't have a tin foil hat icon I could use to reply to you...

 

Science and the professional medical community aren't perfect and have made mistakes in the past in their health/harm judgments.

 

But I'm inclined to believe them in their conclusions about cigarette smoking after all the vast research that's been done, and at least watch with interest and concern about the evolving scientific inquiry into vaping.

 

Overall, it's probably not as bad as traditional cigarette smoking. But that's a long, long way from having any reasonable basis to conclude vaping is safe and free of health harm. I don't think any reputable medical or scientific entity has come to such a conclusion.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

What does it matter? Nowadays,the only place for smoking is in your own house/room, thanks to the 'anti smoking' mafia that are so concerned about their health.

 

The thing is, they're eating themselves to death with their english/american breakfasts.

The thing is, smoking kills, eating doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The traveler said:

E-cigs or to tobacco is dangerous, so what? My body, my choice

 

For starters with cigarette smoking, it's NOT just your body, but the bodies of everyone around you due to the health effects of second-hand smoke, which have been well-documented.

 

As for vaping, I haven't seen much on the potential second-hand effects from that. So, leaving that topic aside for the time being, I'll just point out that again, it's not just YOU, if in the end, you contract cancer or some other serious respiratory disease, and your government's national health care system (i.e., the public) ends up having to pay for the harm you've done to yourself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

 

For starters with cigarette smoking, it's NOT just your body, but the bodies of everyone around you due to the health effects of second-hand smoke, which have been well-documented.

 

As for vaping, I haven't seen much on the potential second-hand effects from that. So, leaving that topic aside for the time being, I'll just point out that again, it's not just YOU, if in the end, you contract cancer or some other serious respiratory disease, and your government's national health care system (i.e., the public) ends up having to pay for the harm you've done to yourself.

 

A lot of us have health insurance you know. Proper full and comprehensive health insurance which covers it all.

 

Doesn't come cheap but you get what you pay for meaning no 'government help' is ever needed.

 

Of course if you are a tax payer then you've paid for your treatment anyway as you are part of 'the public'.

 

The argument that anything which costs 'the taxpayer' is bad and should be prevented if it can is the beginning of a road which leads to dark places.

Edited by ukrules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the first place, were the hundreds of Thais or foreigners selling these e-cigarettes on the streets, aware that they were illegal ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ukrules said:

Doesn't come cheap but you get what you pay for meaning no government help is ever needed.

 

Yes, but I'd imagine, the share of Brits who never rely on NHS at some point in their lives is pretty small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone wants to spread bad info about nicotine  better educate yourselves from sources where still honest scientists have something to say. 

Don't mix effect of breathing cigarette smoke containing nicotine with other chemicals with clean nicotine which is used in e-cigarettes. 

A lot of users of e-cigarettes do not use nicotine in the liquid  at all. 

Below ingredients are approved food components. 

............      ............      ..........

E-liquid is the mixture used in vapor products such as e-cigarettes and generally consists of propylene glycol,glycerin, water, nicotine, and flavorings. While the ingredients vary the liquid typically contains 95%propylene glycol and glycerin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gigman said:

............      ............      ..........

E-liquid is the mixture used in vapor products such as e-cigarettes and generally consists of propylene glycol,glycerin, water, nicotine, and flavorings. While the ingredients vary the liquid typically contains 95%propylene glycol and glycerin.

 

The medical community disagrees with your opinion. And, as should be obvious, it's not just the starting ingredients that matter, but what they become and what elements are created through the heating and vaporization process, since that's what actually goes into people's lungs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, but I'd imagine, the share of Brits who never rely on NHS at some point in their lives is pretty small.

Yes, you're probably right there.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×