BANGKOK 13 November 2018 12:50
sandyf

Chang Classic vs Chang Classic

To all intents and purposes the 2 cans shown below are the same, except that one contains 320ml and the other 330, one is 5.0% and the other 5.5%, and one cost 32 baht with the other about 16 baht.

Who is getting the the better deal?

IMG_20181109_182232.jpg

• Confused 1

I'll go with the 16 baht if I could get it,  for 620ml bottles I pay 48 bht each buying a box.

It might also have been smuggled back into Thailand.

Chang and other Thai beers are cheaper in Cambodia e.g. where there is no alcohol tax.

The "Cosmos brewery" is the same for both.

I wasn't aware about this name.

But the rest stands as described.

4 minutes ago, loong said:

OK, where did the 16 Baht can come from?

Maybe the poster wants to promote moving to Cambodia where booze is stunningly cheap :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

They have absolutely no concept of ANYTHING being a classic, they ruined this beer a couple of years back when they diluted it to the strength of a soda drink. Ruined!

Definition of Classic - 

judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

Try Tappers beer 6.5%. 👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

They have absolutely no concept of ANYTHING being a classic, they ruined this beer a couple of years back when they diluted it to the strength of a soda drink. Ruined!

Definition of Classic - .

judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

5.5 % / 5 % is still considered to be a strong beer 

• Like 2

Chang was supposedly banned in Canada because they couldn't get the alcohol content right,seems a 6% may contain up to 11% alcohol, people were getting busted for DUI after one bottle.Not sure if it's true but I can't drink the stuff after 6 bottles I am ill for a few days, age takes it's toll.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adammike said:

Chang was supposedly banned in Canada because they couldn't get the alcohol content right,seems a 6% may contain up to 11% alcohol, people were getting busted for DUI after one bottle.Not sure if it's true but I can't drink the stuff after 6 bottles I am ill for a few days, age takes it's toll.

That is why they introduced Chang Export , to ensure that the alcohol content was correct

• Like 1

Answering the OP is very simple.  330 mls 5.5 alcohol is old stock.  The other is current stock.