BANGKOK 15 November 2018 01:35
rooster59

Thai Air Asia posts 655 million third quarter loss - fuel prices and lack of Chinese to blame

Thai Air Asia posts 655 million third quarter loss - fuel prices and lack of Chinese to blame

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFhjKLqbnWi1Pp2fzu87pa65xCem6.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Airline Thai Air Asia have posted a third quarter loss of 655 million baht.

They have blamed the high cost of fuel and the downturn in Chinese visitors to Thailand, reported Thai Rath.

However, they are still in profit for the year to the tune of 611.4 million baht though this is 66% down compared to the previous year.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-10

• Haha 2

Its not difficult to see when they are operating flights at less than it costs to take a bus. They are taking on a lot of internal routes that never existed before and it takes time to build up business. Phuket Utapao is always full and they have a second flight down (but not back) now.

Personally I never have problems with Air Asia- one great advantage is you can pay for tickets in 7-11 and not have rip p off credit card costs.

• Confused 1

They would make more if they let on paying customers instead of government officials , Thai airway staff, Pilots and anyone who get free air travel .

26 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

deputy prime minister gives Chinese tourists the big thumbs up.

Big thumbs up? . . . why stop there, bluesofa? I'll bet Porky has already drawn up plans for the next remote cabinet trip to be in the form of an islands cruise - the whole lot of 'em - but last I heard, they can't agree which type of boat to use.

• Haha 2