BANGKOK 15 November 2018 00:15
rooster59

The week that was in Thailand news: Going up in smoke in Thailand - that's the only certainty!

51 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

It may have come as a relief to some that the country is definitely not being invaded by unwanted aliens.

too many thais do not see it that way; they see us expats as very much unwanted aliens

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gamini said:

I am suffering from an incurable fatal lung disease thanks to second-hand smoke. It appals me that some inconsiderate posters on this forum criticised Thailands efforts to curb smoking. For people like me and many others I can only applaud the government's efforts.

But many people still smoke in bars and restaurants!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Gamini, how can you be so sure its second hand smoke, and not some other means of infection, there's too many other causes to consider. If your doctor said its smoking, then you can take that with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gamini said:

I am suffering from an incurable fatal lung disease thanks to second-hand smoke. It appals me that some inconsiderate posters on this forum criticised Thailands efforts to curb smoking. For people like me and many others I can only applaud the government's efforts.

world Not have any evidence second hand smoking have dancerous, have only idiot peoples speak, and smoke not have any come sick, i know peoples many many, who has smoke 14 yea to 90 year and no has newer any day sick, many old men have, same me i smoke ower 40 year and no newer has sick and no newer come cigarette to sick. this is only peoples who talk shit speaking cigarette have proplem and dancerous. big shit have.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Its AMAZING nearly every smoker I know wants to give away smoking. The cigarette companies keep assuring us SMOKING is not ADDICTIVE but for most smokers they cannot give it away. ADDICTIVE ???????