BANGKOK 15 November 2018 01:09
falangUK

TM30 during Weekend?

I don't think so.  It is recommended that you go to the Immigration Office on Saturday night or Sunday, bang on doors and demand service for the Tm 30 update.  If you can not find anybody except the janitor or security guard, bang them up against the wall and demand the mobile number for a real Immigration officer and call him to get down to the office asap.  Rules are rules and you better follow them, including reporting within 24 hours.

• Like 1

My wife and I returned on a saturday and monday was a holiday so I didn't get in to the office until tuesday and there was no fine or penalty.

• Like 1

How much of a big deal  is this TM30?, really wanting folks to tell me I have a massive fine looming…..

It was Dec 2015 when I got my first and only one, I remember being sent around the back whilst processing my first marriage visa.

I have since renewed my annual extension 2016, 2017 and left the country and re-entered 3 times. Since 2015 I have probably done about 10no 90 day reports and yet the same TM 30 is still stapled in the back and there has been no mention of updating or a fine due to lethargy.

A fine would certainly make me more pro active....or is it a case of, you get one and that's it (providing you still live at the same place)

In case I'm only some days too late I always say I spent these days in Phantasy-name-Hotel (if I remember correctly - but my memory is not the best anymore ...) in BKK before I arrived back home in Chiang Mai just yesterday.

• Like 2

Thank you so much 🙂

BTW I don't suppose you can do the TM30 online? 

Do I need to submit at Promenada or the office near the airport?

Does anyone have recent experience?

Promenade is no more and no you cannot do the TM30 online.

Do me a favour. At Promenade you were allowed 7 days to report once you were registered. Can you ask present rules. Thanks.

• Like 1

It doesn't have to be 24 hours. It should be 7 days in practice but 24 hours in theory.

I reported a few days after and wasn't fined.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, falangUK said:

Thank you so much 🙂

BTW I don't suppose you can do the TM30 online? 

Do I need to submit at Promenada or the office near the airport?

Does anyone have recent experience?

No, you can't do it online.

Promenada is closed forever. You've got to go to the officer near the airport.

Go to the third floor.

• Like 1

Am I right in saying it's the house owner not the visitor who needs to go?

Secondly, what are the consequences for the tourist if the home owner doesn't go to immigration to get the TM30?

6 hours ago, stament said:

Am I right in saying it's the house owner not the visitor who needs to go?

Secondly, what are the consequences for the tourist if the home owner doesn't go to immigration to get the TM30?

If I remember correctly, the home owner fills out a TM28, the renter is responsible for the TM30. I think the entire thing is about taxation rather than immigration.

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

If I remember correctly, the home owner fills out a TM28, the renter is responsible for the TM30. I think the entire thing is about taxation rather than immigration.

Other way around.

TM30 is for the home owner to fill in, however in practice they give guests/tenants a hard time when doing visa extensions when their home owner hasn't done it. 

They kind of use the leverage they have over foreign tenants as a way to get paid. 

Thai landlords on the other hand tend to feel that it's not their fault that their tenants happen to be foreign and aren't eager to show up at immigration, much less pay a fine. 

BTW if anyone ever wants a shiny TM30 receipt then feel free to stay at my wife's holiday rental home for at least a night; she's obligated to run the TM30 through on you and doesn't mind giving you a copy of the receipt.  

• Thanks 1