BANGKOK 12 December 2018 11:49
webfact

Farang washing cars to make a living - says he's making 6,000 baht a day!

Smart man.  Some people know how to make a living, some don't.  Same way with washing cars, some just don't know how to do it properly.  Myself, I'm pretty much an expert.

9 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Do you mean this thread or Mr Pearl's situation?

the business must have 7 thais working there before they can employ a farlang and he still will need a work permit , it does not look like he has got 7 thais working there ONLY HIM ! so he is breaking the law shame on him !

Not the first Farang doing a "Thai job"

• Like 1

Traveling by car I met several expats working with their Thai wives and sometimes kids. Cooking food etc.... I asked the thai people I was with if the expat working a good stall needed a work permit.  They said no he is just helping his wife and he is a good man.  Then a couple of cops bought food from the expat and he spoke a little Thai and they acted like they knew each other. I think different rules apply in small villages and sometimes the work permit posts are out of touch with the other Thailand which does not the big tourist Thai cities. You know there are actually expats and cops and army guys and Thai businessmen that get along and have beers together and socialize.  

Traveling by car I met several expats working with their Thai wives and sometimes kids. Cooking food etc.... I asked the thai people I was with if the expat working a food stall needed a work permit.  They said no he is just helping his wife and he is a good man.  Then a couple of cops bought food from the expat and he spoke a little Thai and they acted like they knew each other. I think different rules apply in small villages and sometimes the work permit posts are out of touch with the other Thailand which is not the big tourist Thai cities. You know there are actually expats and cops and army guys and Thai businessmen that get along and have beers together and socialize.  

Edited by Wake Up

8 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

Nah, you can be on the dole your entire life, and then they give you a pension (money from the people who actually go to work and pay taxes).

Wow, what a wonderful life. In the US, you must earn a minimum of 40 credits for SS payment (12% of your gross income. For wage earners, the employer pays 50%) to get your Social Security not before 62. One quarter of SS payment is one credit. 

6 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

"Big Jok[e]" (Pol General Rice Porridge) will have fun with this.

Should have stuck to golf and snoozing I expect.

🤩

Why, his wife and her daughter work there so that qualifies him for a work permit to be able to work with his wife and that is quite legal, so "Big Joke" will not have fun with this at all.

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Why, his wife and her daughter work there so that qualifies him for a work permit to be able to work with his wife and that is quite legal, so "Big Joke" will not have fun with this at all.

I think we should wait and see...

31 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Wow, what a wonderful life. In the US, you must earn a minimum of 40 credits for SS payment (12% of your gross income. For wage earners, the employer pays 50%) to get your Social Security not before 62. One quarter of SS payment is one credit. 

Yes it would be a wonderful life if it worked the way that Pete1980 tries to depict it but it does not work that way the facts are that if you are between the ages of 22 and 30 and you cannot get work in that area then you must relocate to an area where you can get work and if you refuse then you are taken off the Newstart program. There are a lot of regulations that you must abide by or you are taken off the system

https://www.ncoa.gov.au/report/appendix-volume-1/9-11-unemployment-benefits-minimum-wage

• Like 2

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

I thought 300 baht a day was minimum, and not bad for school kids.

It is 325 baht a day, but many places are having a hard time to find staff working for under 400 baht a day, they want commissions and bonus etc also...

you can find for 325 baht a day but usually youngsters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Nowhere in my comments did I say he was 'cheating'. I have no idea if he is or not since I am not Australian. I did say 'conning' but that was in reply to comment made by giddyup talking about other people misusing the system. Please read comments fully before accusing any poster(s).

Please read my comments,I never said you said he was cheating or conning. 

3 minutes ago, The traveler said:

It is 325 baht a day, but many places are having a hard time to find staff working for under 400 baht a day, they want commissions and bonus etc also...

you can find for 325 baht a day but usually youngsters.

True ! it seems that even Khmer do not want to work for less than 400 thb a day ! Even in a car wash !

Crazy !

4 hours ago, grollies said:

I was just about to say you were correct and the article does indeed say in the kids free time......buy your observation on my post seems to have been removed.

I do think that this guy is extremely stupid to raise his head above the parapet and declare he is working at his wife's carwash. Don't know if there is a sliding scale of minimum wage for kids in Thailand. There is in the UK and you are right, B300/day for kids in their free time is great. Labourers here earn B350/day.

Very few a are willing to work for 350 baht a day, I talked with a Burmese guy working in a cheap guest house in Chiang Mai, he had 400 baht a day + 3 free meals and accommodation working 8hr/d.

u worked they night and all he did was sitting outside chatting with us and drink beer unless someone needed the key, haha

• Like 1