Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 12 December 2018 23:06
JohnnyBD

Anyone NOT Using Income Letter & Using ONLY the Monthly Income Method?

If you do not have 400/800B in a Thai Bank you must have an Embassy Income Affidavit.

6 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

My Immigration office doesn't have a problem with using just the monthly distribution. 

Is that with an embassy letter.?

1 hour ago, Jeffrey346 said:

If you do not have 400/800B in a Thai Bank you must have an Embassy Income Affidavit.

You  can longer get a letter from UK or US Embassy.

Edited by tugman
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

My Immigration office doesn't have a problem with using just the monthly distribution. 

Which office is that please?

• Like 1

Immigration in Tha Yang has indicated that they will accept income affidavits from the US/UK embassy for the remainder of this year but they do not have any idea what they will accept as proof of income beyond 2018. Anyone renewing a long term visa with income only should do it this year if possible.

The income requirement of 65K baht/mo income will probably not change but immigration at this time has no alternatives to the embassy affidavit. Immigration's lack of planning is no surprise but it will leave many expats dangling until a decision is forthcoming...

• Thanks 1

They want 800.000 into a Thai bank so that if you die intestate they will keep it or else pick up the interest as a "fee" for holding it. Your lawyers in the UK or US will take about two years to get it back for a nice fee, and the bank also gets a nice fee for the transfer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This is all new, come January I have a sneaking suspicion the shit will seriously hit the fan at which time you'll see that set look on the face of immigration officials saying, "Money in bank only!"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, soleddy said:

They want 800.000 into a Thai bank so that if you die intestate they will keep it or else pick up the interest as a "fee" for holding it. Your lawyers in the UK or US will take about two years to get it back for a nice fee, and the bank also gets a nice fee for the transfer.

That's my issue. I've decided to bite the bullet and put the money in the bank, but want to know how to get it to my son when I pass.