Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 January 2019 14:27
recom273

Kerry Express

I've used them twice in Bangkok to ship envelopes to Canada. The first time was fine; it was there in 3 or 4 days. The second time, I became concerned, when after 52 hrs., my item had not even appeared in their tracking system. I returned to their office, and there was my envelope, on a rack next to the front counter.

• Haha 1

Their expansion I suspect is largely due to the increase in volume of internet sales from sites like Lazada and Shopee etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Their expansion I suspect is largely due to the increase in volume of internet sales from sites like Lazada and Shopee etc.

Kerry Express hasn't grown from a small start-up in Thailand to their current size. Rather they are an established courier service established in SE Asia. They seem to be pre-empting the Lazada/Shopee/other internet sales effect and are anticipating increased volumes but this company has appeared pretty quickly in Thailand and seem to be setting up branches in all small towns, something we noticed travelling from Ko Chan to Burriram recently.

As an aside, my son used them regularly and they have no problem delivering to the boondocks here in Ko Chan.

I can't understand how they can sustain such a growth.

Here in Pattaya they have literally a shop with 20 trucks in front on every corner, and one between every corner as well, a bit like 7/11.

Those trucks cost a lot of money, and the driver also has to be paid.

For sure they give the Thai post a run for it's money. My friend sent a small package from Pattaya to Bangkok, at a cost of 70 Baht, and it was delivered 5 hours later.

How do you pay such an expansion at those rates.

By the way, they don't do international shipping from Thailand, but they use DHL for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allane said:

I've used them twice in Bangkok to ship envelopes to Canada. The first time was fine; it was there in 3 or 4 days. The second time, I became concerned, when after 52 hrs., my item had not even appeared in their tracking system. I returned to their office, and there was my envelope, on a rack next to the front counter.

Hi Allane

How much was the Express Letter to Canada with Kerry Express?

I have a friend in Canada and send from time to time small items to him. Thailandpost to Canada can take ages to arrive. The problem is on the Canadian side. 
Simple letter takes 4 weeks to several month.

Canada Post Reveals Reason why mail processing is so slow

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I think you could be right, twice we have had stuff from Lazada and it has been delivered by Kerry Express, they have opened a depo near where I live, taken on 4 of those 3 story lockups that litter the landscape unused, owner of said lockup must be happy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Logistics

Founded in 1981 in Hong Kong.

Since 12 years in Thailand.

It is expected that in 2018 the Thailand subsidiary will make a profit for the first time.

So it's an established company expanding in Thailand, using money from abroad in a hope to be profitable after many years, nothing new 😉

Hi, Uwe,

I can't remember from 2 yrs. ago; somewhere in the order of B 700 - B 1000 I think.

• Like 1

How they find me so easy is amazing. Thai Imegration need a drawn Map, then loose it and want a new one every year.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I can't understand how they can sustain such a growth.

Here in Pattaya they have literally a shop with 20 trucks in front on every corner, and one between every corner as well, a bit like 7/11.

Those trucks cost a lot of money, and the driver also has to be paid.

For sure they give the Thai post a run for it's money. My friend sent a small package from Pattaya to Bangkok, at a cost of 70 Baht, and it was delivered 5 hours later.

How do you pay such an expansion at those rates.

By the way, they don't do international shipping from Thailand, but they use DHL for that.

Like many of these last logistic companies they are losing money hand over fist. They are throwing money at outlasting their competitors and having the nationwide 24 hour door to door capability. At the moment the only other ones to do this are Kerry, Thai Post, and Nim Express (sometimes) DHL say they can do it, but i am skeptical.

Once they have the network set up and have outlasted their competitors, they will increase the price or try and be bought by Cainiao, (Alibaba Logistics arm) JD or the alike.

Kerry is owned by The Kuok Group, so they are unlikely to run out of money fast.

Like many of these last logistic companies they are losing money hand over fist. They are throwing money at outlasting their competitors and having the nationwide 24 hour door to door capability. At the moment the only other ones to do this are Kerry, Thai Post, and Nim Express (sometimes) DHL say they can do it, but i am skeptical.

Once they have the network set up and have outlasted their competitors, they will increase the price or try and be bought by Cainiao, (Alibaba Logistics arm) JD or the alike.

Kerry is owned by The Kuok Group, so they are unlikely to run out of money fast.
Not to attack you but on their website you can download the financials and it shows a profit. Could be i have to look better and study it more.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not to attack you but on their website you can download the financials and it shows a profit. Could be i have to look better and study it more.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Which financials? Kerry Express is their door to door operation. At a Group level i am sure they would be making money, but not on their Express side. They have Kerry Ocean Freight, Kerry Logistics, Kerry Trains, Kerry Seaport etc etc. As a group no doubt they make money, but not on the door to door Kerry Express side.

In August there was even a comment by the head of Kerry Express Thailand in the BKP saying in 2018, Kerry express MAY make a profit for the 1st time in 13 years in Thailand.

Edited by smutcakes
  • Sad 1