Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 December 2018 17:29
snoop1130

Phuket Immigration to launch ‘Drive Thru’ service

1 minute ago, madmitch said:

Well, it's different. I wonder if they'll route the light rail system through the office as well?

It for sure is very different thinking. I picked up my passport at 13.30 last Friday. I wondered why that glass box was obstructing the walkway. There were none of those road marking on that day. I really hope it speeds everything up ... hope ... hope

seems like a good idea

additionally how about providing a method to update the online reporting system for people that have renewed their passport while in country, currently the only way to do this is to leave the country

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

seems like a good idea

additionally how about providing a method to update the online reporting system for people that have renewed their passport while in country, currently the only way to do this is to leave the country

What do you mean?

When you get a new passport while in Thailand, you just go to Immigration and transfer your old extension & re-entry permit to the new one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lkv said:

I think it's idiotic. Drive thru for what simple procedures exactly?

As far as 90 day reports are concerned, instead of a drive thru, how about create an app so people can do that from their living room and not have to drive?

Before the app though, compatibility with some other PC browsers rather than Internet Explorer would be a positive step.

Why idiotic? For those who are going to Immigration anyway, better to wait in your vehicle without having to find a parking spot and get inside.

For those who want to do it online, nothing changes. Personally I would not want an app, for the same reasons (mostly privacy) that I try to avoid all apps unless strictly required. You have 15 days to do it, chances are that you will have access to a computer and that's enough.

As for browser, my wife did hers last August without using IE.

Edited by arithai12
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

What do you mean?

When you get a new passport while in Thailand, you just go to Immigration and transfer your old extension & re-entry permit to the new one.

online reporting which I used with my old passport no longer works with the new one unless I leave Thailand

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Good Idea! Same as vehicle registration at Land Transport Sukhumvit Soi 62? ....V quick !!

Maybe will extend to Chaing Wattana (plenty of land to do it!) & other offices.

Guess will depend on "Big Joke"!!  

I still believe 7-11's would be good for added services like 90 day reporting without queue.

All they need is Laptop, Camera and a good internet connection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1