BANGKOK 11 December 2018 06:52
Jumbo1968

Bank Account for the 800000 baht

I will next year be extending my Non O Visa by one year((Retirement Visa), on speaking to the Bangkok Bank rep. the best rate I can receive is 1.5% over a year no withdrawals, would Immigration at Jomtien accept this as there would be no activity on the account. I have another account which is the one I use to live on where transfers, withdrawals indicate that is the account I use for day to day living.

1 minute ago, Swiss1960 said:

On the day you go and get the letter from the bank, you have to do a withdrawal (I do 1000 Baht and put it back immediately), otherwise Jomtien does not like /accept the account.

The 2 transactions are the only ones I do on this account all year long, as it is my "immigration account".

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for the info Swiss1960.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If the account allows withdrawals without any delay and no penalty other than loss of interest it will be accepted by immigration.

Thanks Joe

14 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

On the day you go and get the letter from the bank, you have to do a withdrawal (I do 1000 Baht and put it back immediately), otherwise Jomtien does not like /accept the account.

The 2 transactions are the only ones I do on this account all year long, as it is my "immigration account".

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Goes to show that even at the same office things can be different. Did an IO ask for this as I have not done this with a fixed account in L&H bank. No changes on the day or 3 months before and Jomtien Immigration have accepted this for the last 3 years...........YMMV :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I have a savings account for my 800k with the Bangkok bank at 1.5%. I can take money out if I want. Thats all I thought the stipulation was you don't have to?

Never a problem last three years.

There appears to be different interpretations of the type of Bank Account by I.O. Offices, some say you have to show some sort of activity in the account others not.

i would be using Jomtien, could I show the 800000 baht in a Fixed Account but with access but also my day to day account showing deposits and withdrawals.

4 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

I have a savings account for my 800k with the Bangkok bank at 1.5%. I can take money out if I want. Thats all I thought the stipulation was you don't have to?

Never a problem last three years.

In some banks they only show the last time an account as had a transaction done on it, not the date you need to show the immigration so you have to do a withdrawal on the day that you go to the immigration for your extension to get that date on it

I would second the Krungsri MTD account. You the benefit of a normal bank account but with 1.3% interest.

• Like 2

I have a fixed account, I just copy the book and get a letter from the bank. I don't think that I can make ATM withdrawals from it because I don't have a card for it. I am in Bangkok and use the Govt. Complex.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect