Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 December 2018 02:31
webfact

BREAKING: Major incident aboard Koh Samui ferry

BREAKING: Major incident aboard Koh Samui ferry

A Fire broke out on a ferry shortly after it left Koh Samui this afternoon.

Local police reported that 3 people were injured, one crew member and two passengers were taken to hospital.

More info as we get it. 

Video: ศุภวิชญ์ กมลบุตร

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-16

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I have taken the small ferry from Pattaya to ko Larn once or twice.  Always was prepared to jump over board at a moment's notice.  Being an ex swimmer and lifeguard I wasn't too concerned.  I took the ferry from Phuket to Ao Nang.  Beautiful ride by some little islands and rock outcroppings.  It was a beautiful cloudless day.  I made sure I put my life jacket on and again stayed on the outside of the cabin areas and was fully prepared to jump out at a moment's notice.  Just a year later that Israeli girl I think died in a sister ferry ship somehow she was down below or in the bathroom or something like that? 

This is a ferry that carry trucks and cars.

• Like 1

My ferry started sinking back in 1999 leaving Samui. We were not far out when it happened and they were able to bring it back in as it was taking on water.

Then they put all of us on true next oversold ferry and it literally looked like a refugee boat. 

I was young and naive back then.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Looks like RAJA Ferry. If i took my dog on one of them he would bite me !    I always use SEATRAN they are always clean and well maintained.

I agree with you on the Seatran cleanliness etc, but do they allow dogs? I thought not.

7 minutes ago, Tidybeard said:

It was only a matter of time. Here is a link to a letter I wrote to Samui Times on this very subject last year, The boats are a joke !

The Marine tourist police did reply to my letter, saying that they would improve standards .... but nothing changed.

http://www.samuitimes.com/letter-to-the-editor-raja-ferries-an-accident-waiting-to-happen/

Check out the photos in the letter !

It is now out in the open. On TVForum. Just watch Chan-o-cha spring into action with that 44 thingy. Unless of course he has already sorted it.

Great work Tidybeard!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well luckley they dident kill anybody and saved the vessel

• Like 1