Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 13 December 2018 22:06
tgarrett100

Frustration at Immigration Office regarding income affidavit policy

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say all immigration offices know about since it was written in a directive in 2013.

Only a couple of rogue offices don't go by it.

What I meant was that few applicants would be aware of the 6-month validity of income letters. Either way, I'm not confident that Jomtien will honour a 6-month old income letter in June... but I have set up an appointment to get one in the first week of January. That gives me about 6 weeks to decide if I will make the trip to my embassy or not.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:02 PM, evadgib said:

This is Thai Immigrations problem & is for them to sort out instead of blaiming the big bad wolf that could not comply with their outrageous demands.

No, it is the people applying for extensions whose problem it is. They are required to show proof of income. Immigration found dumping the responsibility on Embassies an easy fix, until they realized the Embassies were not actually providing proof of income. 

It is wrong to blame our hosts in this case and sounds simply like venting.

Worrying in the OP is that it is stated Embassy letters will not be accepted by immigration after Jan 1st 2019, I was believing they would be valid for 6 months from issue and not rejected outright.

Edited by jacko45k

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, tropo said:

Splitting hairs today are we?... or you just felt like making an argument about nothing....

They absolutely are contradictory statements and what is factual and opinion right now is a very grey area.

The important takeaway from the OP was that this particular office has decided that income statements aren't valid after January 1. That is very likely just an opinion too as right now there are NO FACTS, even if people have the opinion that they are.

"Splitting hairs today are we?".

No, I'm not, there is no grey area when it comes to known facts and individuals' opinions in this case.

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Those seeking verification should be doing the legwork and leaving the goalposts alone.

Edited by evadgib

17 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Splitting hairs today are we?".

No, I'm not, there is no grey area when it comes to known facts and individuals' opinions in this case.

Yes, you are. There are zero known facts about what will happen after January 1, and currently, it's all opinion.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, evadgib said:
37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Those seeking verification should be doing the legwork and leaving the goalposts alone.

It's not wrong to blame the hosts. They make the rules and have offered income verification as a bona fide way to get retirement extensions - and now it seems they have taken that away with no warning or explanation. It was never the duty of embassies to verify income. It was just an easy way out.

17 minutes ago, evadgib said:

They have not changed their requirements that I know of, simply realized they were not being met. If one wants to retire in Thailand, meet the regulations. They will always be moving goalposts, as people will always seek to bypass regulations.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

It's not wrong to blame the hosts. They make the rules and have offered income verification as a bona fide way to get retirement extensions - and now it seems they have taken that away with no warning or explanation. It was never the duty of embassies to verify income. It was just an easy way out.

They have not. Income verification is still the requirement. I have not heard of any changes there.

Four Embassies have withdrawn from issuing letters.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They have not. Income verification is still the requirement. I have not heard of any changes there.

How does Thai imm verify say a P60 if an embassy can't?

I don't know either but its obvious where blame lies & thats firmly within the kingdom.

Edited by evadgib

Just now, evadgib said:

How does Thai imm verify say a P60 if an embassy can't?

I don't know either but I do know who cocked this up!

Well as has been stated earlier in the thread, that is not clear yet, or what will be acceptable in time, given patience. Perhaps the Embassies cocked things up issuing Stat Decs or Affidavits, which also verified nothing.

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Four Embassies have withdrawn from issuing letters.

Yes, currently, but most people are concerned about after January 1. Did you not read the first post of this thread? That's not the first report about Immigration officers saying they won't accept the income method after January 1. It's not time to bury one's head in the sand and HOPE all will be well.

43 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yes, currently, but most people are concerned about after January 1. Did you not read the first post of this thread? That's not the first report about Immigration officers saying they won't accept the income method after January 1. It's not time to bury one's head in the sand and HOPE all will be well.

Well my head is above the sand, I have already deposited the 800k years ago.  Another post of mine in this thread also mentions that point. As of yet, it remains unconfirmed statements by odd immigration officers. Others state letters will be good for 6 months. Read a few Ubonjoe posts.

Edited by jacko45k

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well my head is above the sand, I have already deposited the 800k years ago.  Another post of mine in this thread also mentions that point. As of yet, it remains unconfirmed statements by odd immigration officers. Others state letters will be good for 6 months. Read a few Ubonjoe posts.

You're not even invested in this, so why hijack the thread and try to argue with people who require the income letter. Surely you must have more interesting things to do with your time. Curiously a lot of bored people with 800k in the bank continue to hijack these threads and bait people who don't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

You're not even invested in this, so why hijack the thread and try to argue with people who require the income letter. Surely you must have more interesting things to do with your time. Curiously a lot of bored people with 800k in the bank continue to hijack these threads and bait people who don't.

I am  sorry, I didn't see the rules saying I  was not permitted input on this topic. It doesn't mean I have no knowledge. I have been following this matter for a while as I have friends affected and try to help them. By your restrictions people who have information should not post! You would blame immigration for this issue and that is a point I disagree with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tropo said:

It's great that you're so confident. I hope you're right, but the directive you posted predates a military coup by 1 year and most heads (if not all) of government departments have been changed. Despite this directive, regional offices still all do their own thing.  

New elections approaching 

watch draws will be cleared an hire suits returned.

Patients..