Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 December 2018 17:45
webfact

Drone footage shows resurfaced Phoenix moored at Phuket pier

Thailand on Saturday raised the shipwreck that killed 47 Chinese tourists in July, part of an ongoing investigation into the cause of the boat capsizing, officials said.

Drone footage uploaded to Facebook on Sunday showed the vessel moored at a pier in Phuket.

• Like 1

How in the world did they fit 50 people inside that boat? Did they hire a Japanese train pusher? 

I hope this incident serves the death of chinease tourism arrivals for years to come.

RIP

Edited by racket
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's just spooky,i see a business opportunity...''Spend a night aboard the phoenix''.... ''never let a good disaster go to waste''.....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Not sure the relatives of the dead will be pleased to see this coffin dragged up🤔  

Just think how many ghosts there are! 

Let us hope a properly trained accident investigation forensic team can discover what caused the disaster.

• Sad 1

Great footage. Now let's get answers.

3 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

How in the world did they fit 50 people inside that boat? Did they hire a Japanese train pusher? 

50 people? Easily on such a boat! 

Phoenix.jpg

Really? Send me an image of 50 peeps next time and show me how they move freely without any hassle. One push to the side and they all died. let me tell explain: Greed is what this was all about without any safety precautions in consideration. Thank you. 

I’d like to see the stability calks.on that one Thailand needs to join the first world proper engineering inspections crew training and licensing proper drills random drug testing I’m sure the USCG would be honered to help in this regard rip to all the lost and deepest condolences to the family’s of the lost

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Nope, that is a barge, not a pier

With bench seating or even regular seating not hard to fit 80 people in.  A lot harder to get 50 people out once the flooding starts or the boat capsizes.

9 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:
18 hours ago, webfact said:

Nope, that is a barge, not a pier

I could be wrong here, but isn't that the same barge used by the initial, failed salvagers? 

Perhaps it was thought it could be of some use in bringing the wreck back to shore while the Singaporeans headed home.

I note they seem to have misjudged tides, or missed the channel, and run aground. The towing tug is working hard to try to move it.

• Thanks 1